OMGWTF Disses Mike Dechaine, in style

Status
Not open for further replies.

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like random racking

Playing the ghost still requires breaking. if a guy has a good break his run out will he easier.

With a guest racker using the magic rack, and Jennifer Baretta or some other female breaking for both. Might make things equal

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With a guest racker using the magic rack, and Jennifer Baretta or some other female breaking for both. Might make things equal

Yes, you are correct. However JS was trying to use the logic that playing the ghost would negate the break and it will not. At least not entirely.

NickV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not only is my break lacking,theres too much luck in break.the way u fix it is to play other games like onehole and 14.1. those games require more skills anyway or at least have way less luck. i think the best game is snooker. ill play shane or mike snooker. neither shane mike or i have played snooker much but there is virtually no luck in snooker and the break is meaningless.
im thinking shane and i race to 17 frames snooker for 5000. they say snooker is much harder then pool so lets try it. dechaine is invited to play too.

I think one guy you may want to leave out of this is Alex if you're headed to the snooker tables. :)

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my opinion spectators have no business being involved in any way except watching.
If they do become involved they should be sent somewhere out of the venue, so that the people who are supposed to be the show don't have to also compete with them.
I have seen the debacles with Earl tooooooo many times, and while I agree a lot of it is his fault , some of it should have never happened to begin with.
It was started by some goon in the crowd who wanted to show how slick they were, so they start rattling his cage.
Do they allow spectators to get involved with contestants at any other event ?
Also, if she and her friends weren't watching, and were shopping or texting , why not be courteous to both players and go outside to text, tweet, blog or whatever they want to do?
Pool isn't like tennis where they demand complete silence and no movement , but what about just having some common courtesy?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sincerely hope this sparks Mike into seriously studying the "Verbal Art of Self Defense" and reinventing himself. Sometimes what appears to be "the worst thing that could ever happen" can be "the best thing" depending on how you react to it.

This is a brutal "wake up call," and they often are when in the public eye, especially when there's many people against you in a strange environment. I know from experience, after literally being stabbed twice and left to die....and it ended up being the best thing that could have ever happened (because of if leading to serious martial arts study).

I sincerely hope Mike is able to re-frame this incident, and turn it into something positive down the road. It's ok, Mike, you got stabbed a few times, you just have to redirect this, and do what needs to be done....you are the only one that truly knows what that is my friend...get 'R' done!!!

images

Best post in the thread! :)

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"I have never seen Dechaine up close in a match and for this one, I was completely surprised. He’s not a man, he’s a muppet. Seriously. No human being can be this weird." -Adhesive Remover

spit.gif

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing keeps bugging me about people when they talk about Mike Dechaine, making fun of how his head looks like is the same as making fun of Melinda because she's Asian. It's not like he decided one day to change how his genes formed.

Sure, he has that smug "I'm better than you" look on, and when things don't go his way, it's the same look but now it's "WTH are you doing winning, don't you know I'm better than you?", but that's a different thing from the features he was born with.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think secretly OMGWTF wants to sleep with MD... Just saying....

What, again? :D

Mike D for best post of the year thus far.

The blog is pretty brutal but any press is good press, I guess. At least she's funny.

Playing on tar or on any big stage like that is tough. Its hard to control emotions when you're taking the heat and I rub people the wrong way. I guess I rubbed her the wrong way and I apologize.

All in all, it was a pleasure to watch you play and I look forward to hearing of your future successes. Thank you for being a good sport about my writing and you have a drink on the wire when I see you next.

Very respectful and positive responses from both of you. A little disappointed there was no woofing here though. :grin:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
While OMG's recent blog post might be her funniest one yet...

Some might interpret this as cyberbullying....

...the above quote might be one of Jam's most absurd one's yet...

This isn't 8th grade.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I have a problem with what's at the center of this "humorous" writing by omgwtf.

There's no denying that she can be funny, that's for sure.

Meanspirited, too. And if she possessed a little more specific information, maybe she wouldn't be quite as proud of herself over this literary accomplishment of hers.

But all that to the side, it sounds like things between them, MD & OMG, went sideways as a result of her and her friends going beyond being mere spectators at the match, they became part of the show.

IMO, if you are so disinterested in a match that you are now becoming a distraction to one of the players because you feel compelled to go shopping on your phone, I think it's time for you to leave. That behavior, I believe, was from a friend sitting with OMG.

And to OMG, herself, who said she was simply relaying the scores of the match on her phone, as if this should excuse her also being a distraction, to that I say, tell the cheap recipients of your kindness to BUY THE EFFING PAY PER VIEW AND THEY'LL KNOW THE SCORE! You know, support pool. :rolleyes:

To be sure, Mike has some adjustments to make in how he comports himself, but he knows that and is working on it. But does his behavior rise to the level that he should be subjected to this sort of humor, seemingly straight out of 7th-grade, where substance requires constant embelleshment by way of head-size references? BTW, and worth noting imo, is that all that doesn't seem to slow down the pretty girls from wanting to hang out with him. :)

Apparently, it's not always enough to attend an event and share the experience with your readers. Sometimes you have to become part of the story, yourself.

I suppose a blogger's got to do what a blogger's got to do.

I think there's room for more than one person to do a little personal introspection.

I'm well aware that my opinion may not be popular but, like MD, I have thick skin, so bring it. :wink:

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

tank69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a problem with what's at the center of this "humorous" writing by omgwtf.

There's no denying that she can be funny, that's for sure.

Meanspirited, too. And if she possessed a little more specific information, maybe she wouldn't be quite as proud of herself over this literary accomplishment of hers.

But all that to the side, it sounds like things between them, MD & OMG, went sideways as a result of her and her friends going beyond being mere spectators at the match, they became part of the show.

IMO, if you are so disinterested in a match that you are now becoming a distraction to one of the players because you feel compelled to go shopping on your phone, I think it's time for you to leave. That behavior, I believe, was from a friend sitting with OMG.

And to OMG, herself, who said she was simply relaying the scores of the match on her phone, as if this should excuse her also being a distraction, to that I say, tell the cheap recipients of your kindness to BUY THE EFFING PAY PER VIEW AND THEY'LL KNOW THE SCORE! You know, support pool. :rolleyes:

To be sure, Mike has some adjustments to make in how he comports himself, but he knows that and is working on it. But does his behavior rise to the level that he should be subjected to this sort of humor, seemingly straight out of 7th-grade, where substance requires constant embelleshment by way of head-size references? BTW, and worth noting imo, is that all that doesn't seem to slow down the pretty girls from wanting to hang out with him. :)

Apparently, it's not always enough to attend an event and share the experience with your readers. Sometimes you have to become part of the story, yourself.

I suppose a blogger's got to do what a blogger's got to do.

I think there's room for more than one person to do a little personal introspection.

I'm well aware that my opinion may not be popular but, like MD, I have thick skin, so bring it. :wink:

best,
brian kc

WOW...Are you dating Dechaine or something? :D She paid, I would guess, to be in the studio, why does that not count? So what she was texting, was she making it known to everyone in the studio? I doubt it. Let's face it, we all look for excuses. Your excuse, for Mike no less, is that she and her friends were distracting him. ABSURD! Mike was clearly outclassed, he knew he had NO CHANCE of winning and this was the first of many, "I need excuses" phase. If Mike doesn't want the negative press, don't create a negative situation...especially if you can't handle it..Clearly, he can NOT!

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
WOW...Are you dating Dechaine or something? :D She paid, I would guess, to be in the studio, why does that not count? So what she was texting, was she making it known to everyone in the studio? I doubt it. Let's face it, we all look for excuses. Your excuse, for Mike no less, is that she and her friends were distracting him. ABSURD! Mike was clearly outclassed, he knew he had NO CHANCE of winning and this was the first of many, "I need excuses" phase. If Mike doesn't want the negative press, don't create a negative situation...especially if you can't handle it..Clearly, he can NOT!

Yes tank, in fact, I'm having Mike's baby. We're registered at Seyberts.

I think OMG is very funny as evidenced in what she wrote about this match in her blog *BUT* there is definitely a grade school component to it.

What does whether or not she paid to attend the match have to do with using her phone during the match causing a distraction to a player?

I've been to plenty of Earl's matches and I am never impressed with the assholes in the audience who try and push his buttons, which we all know, are very pushable. But again, some people apparently feel the need to be part of the show.

best,
brian kc

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member

IMO, if you are so disinterested in a match that you are now becoming a distraction to one of the players because you feel compelled to go shopping on your phone, I think it's time for you to leave.

You make a good point. This is a small detail but I think relevant...
did they disable the sound that the keys make when tapping in their text message?
I truly can't fathom why people like to keep this sound turned on, but most of 'em do.
So an activity that could be completely silent sounds like this:

tiktiktiktiktiktik.... tiktik.... tiktiktiktiktik.... tik tik tiktiktik..... tiktiktiktiktiktiktiktiktiktik..

Sounds like that, although small, are INSANELY annoying and distracting. Like chinese water torture for the ears. On the other hand she said the music was pretty loud in the studio so maybe the sound wasn't ever an issue.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I've been to plenty of Earl's matches and I am never impressed with the assholes in the audience who try and push his buttons, which we all know, are very pushable. But again, some people apparently feel the need to be part of the show.

best,
brian kc

Did you watch the stream?

Did you see OMG or anyone else make themselves part of the show? Did you see Mike say anything, gesture, or even look in OMG's direction during the match?

I sure as hell didn't.

Generally if a spectator is doing something that sharks you (deliberate or not) you make it known when it happens so it stops at that point. You don't wait for the point of no return (20-7) to say something at a break.

If a spectator texting while their phone is on silent (which im sure it was in her case) is distracting to Mike then that is his problem.

tank69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes tank, in fact, I'm having Mike's baby. We're registered at Seyberts.

What does whether or not she paid to attend the match have to do with using her phone during the match causing a distraction to a player?

Good point, and I didn't mean it would be OK whether she paid or not. But I really don't feel her or her group were intentionally trying to mess with Mike. I totally feel Mike was looking for any exuse and this was one of them. Maybe they should ban cell phones from the TAR room? I don't know. But if all they were doing was pecking on their phones and not making any noise or flashy movements, they weren't doing anything wrong IMO. I would like to think that Mike, as a pro, would be able to focus better.

CONGRATS on the baby...I'll check Seyberts gift registery! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.