RIP Scott Lee

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shocked and saddened. PM'd him recently and was somewhat surprised that his response was so slow in coming back. Knew Scott for about 15 years. Whenever he was on the Left Coast we would get together for some pool and a few meals. Either at the house or one of my favorites restaurants scattered over three counties here in So. Calif. I'm really surprised he didn't mention his cancer as he knew I am a 7 time survivor.

I didn't know how he did all of that traveling but when you love and believe in what you do things that seem hard to us are just part of living your life in the way that matters to you.

Man, is our time going to be missed but the many memories cherished even more.

RIP Ol Buddy. I'm not sure I'll ever stop expecting your call saying you will be showing up in a few days or a week. You left quite a legacy.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott came to my house for a lesson on his way from Michigan to Florida. I paid for a 4 hour lesson...6 hours later Scott was still going strong! After he left, I realized The video he recorded of our lesson did not contain audio...he had not pugged the audio cable in...

When I mentioned it to him, he offered to turn his car around and head back to Tennessee to redo the entire lesson at no additional charge! When I assured him that wasn't necessary, I figured the whole thing was over. About 18 months later, I get a random message from Scott that he was driving through and wanted to give me free refresher lesson since I didn't have video to review...

THAT is how far Scott was willing to go for his clients. Godspeed my friend.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I met Scott several years ago when he was training Tommy Hill to be come a certified pool instructor.
He was a gentleman from the moment we first shook hands and remained that way in his attitude and
behavior. I admired him for his style and demeanor and gosh, that man was an amazing pool instructor.
If anyone starts a Go Fund Me for Scott’s family, please post the info in a separate thread & count me in.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad to see one of our own pass on. I had a lesson with Scott I think it was 15 years ago now. He had about 10 times the energy I did, and he was twice my age! To go all over the country for decades really means you love the game.

dquarasr

Registered
Scott and I exchanged many private messages over the last year or so. 😢 He was always helpful and I’m sure that during a single 1:1 in-person lesson I would have learned more than I can learn on my own in an entire year. I suppose I waited too long to engage him in a lesson.

Thanks for posting this notice as sad as it is.

This is one thread I’ll read all the way through to see others also pay their respects. Even though I never met him I know he was considered a great ambassador to the sport.

RIP Scott.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terrible news.
Criminals like the cretin(s) who recently robbed and severely shocked & badly *stressed* Scott, seem infinitely even more contemptible now. Customized tools of his trade gone in an instant. Replaceable tools, yes, but major stresses like Scott and other kinds of victims experience can lead to weeks even months of radical internal inflammation and a compromised immune system that hastens the damaging course of any unsuspected health problem.

Can so-regrettably happen to even the strongest of beloved people we all know and admire as much as we did Scott.

Arnaldo

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our family just lost a member. I didn't know him personally but I did enjoy seeing his posts and reading the posts of people who learned from him. Rest in Peace Scott.

thenuke

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So shocked to hear this. I personally did not know Scott, but his insights and knowledge in his many posts show that the

pool world has lost one of its greatest promoters and and lover of the game of billiards. RIP, Scott. You will be missed.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This comes as a real shock to me. We go back a long ways to when he was strictly doing exhibitions, after he took over Jack White's college and military route. Scott was a good man, an excellent teacher of pool and very honorable in all his dealings. I once lost my cue at DCC and had the good fortune to have Scott retrieve it for me. I'll never forget that moment. Somehow he knew it was my cue and held onto it until he could contact me. I thought for sure at DCC with all the players and fans there it was long gone.

I only wish I could have returned the favor.

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This comes as a real shock to me. We go back a long ways to when he was strictly doing exhibitions, after he took over Jack White's college and military route. Scott was a good man, an excellent teacher of pool and very honorable in all his dealings. I once lost my cue at DCC and had the good fortune to have Scott retrieve it for me. I'll never forget that moment. Somehow he knew it my cue and held onto it until he could contact me. I thought for sure at DCC with all the players and fans there it was long gone.

I only wish I could have returned the favor.
I forgot about that cue story. I think it was last year at executive west. I remember it was a cue your Joesy maybe that you owned forever.

I wasn’t aware Scott was even sick. This is very sad he was a great guy and had all the Jack White stories. Scott will be missed.

RIP🙏🏼

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Long time renowned instructor and friend to many, Scott Lee, has passed away from his battle with cancer.

he will be sorely missed.

"Playing pocket billiards is not about gambling. It's about competitive spirit, a desire for excellence, and having fun!" ~~ Scott Lee .

Scott Lee, pool instructor extraordinaire, has passed away. He had a brief battle with cancer. He was always kind to me in our exchanges. He will be missed by so many, I know. May he rest in eternal peace.

Scott Lee has been playing pocket billiards for more than 40 years, and teaching professionally since 1977. He has been a PBIA Certified Instructor since the inception of the program. Beginning in 1995, striving to change the image of pool, Scott has toured 8-9 months of the year, with his Traveling College of Billiard Knowledge shows, entertaining and teaching audiences at colleges, universities, military bases and poolrooms everywhere! -Jennie AnnView attachment 609590
This is just terrible news, I first met him about 20 years ago. He certified me not long after.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
This is terrible news, although its not my business its shocking because I had no idea he was ill. I hosted Scott for a day on my table when he gave me a lesson 6 or 7 years ago, he was a great person. RIP and I'm sorry for his friends and family.