Smorg... AKA Doug

1lostplayer

Son of Smorg
Im sorry to have to pass the news on but Yesterday afternoon he left us and went to a better place. I got the call from Barbara his wife around 7pm. We have lost a forum member and a very very great man. Doug will always be remembered by me as my POPS and will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife right now as she moves on and has things to take care of..:(:(:(

chin0

"Chino Miss-A-Lot"
Silver Member
RIP Doug. This saddens me because I never had a chance to meet you. We know you are in a better place sharing you smiles and cheers with them. My prayers go out to his friends and family, and may these hard times pass with ease.

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
Oh, no.

I'm staring at my screen with a numbness that's hard to describe...

I've been dreading this news for a while, but at least Doug isn't suffering any longer. He lived a great life, and touched a lot of people.

This place won't be the same without him, but maybe we can all attempt to throw in a little Smorg humor sometimes, to keep him alive with us.

RIP my friend, I'm going to miss you....

Michael

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
I am stingy. I never got to meet this great man who had become my 2nd dad. He was so much like my dad. I know he's in a better place, but he left all of us back here, wishing and missing.

Barbara, I cannot begin to understand your grief. I know that since he suffered for a good while and you obviously helped him through it, you are the first who can recognize the relief of him no longer suffering. At the same time.....

God bless you and if there is ANYTHING I can do....

God bless all of us as we get through this very tough loss...

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
That isn't the news I was hoping to encounter when I opened this thread.
Doug has been one of my favorites to follow through the forum for alot longer than I have been registered on here, and I just wish I had the opportunity to shake his hand and enjoy some more of his stories.
Our prayers go out to the family, and I know Doug is looking down on us right now, working out a way to break out the smiles, and stir up the memories of the good times we have all shared with him in one way or another.
You will be missed my friend-
RIP, and more greenies on their way to #1.

Semper Fi Amigo-

Last edited:

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
Although I did not know him. My deepest sympathy's go out to all his family and friends.

Semper Fi brother.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Im sorry to have to pass the news on but Yesterday afternoon he left us and went to a better place. I got the call from Barbara his wife around 7pm. We have lost a forum member and a very very great man. Doug will always be remembered by me as my POPS and will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife right now as she moves on and has things to take care of..:(:(:(

I am sorry to hear this news, but I think most of us knew it was coming. I hope having so many of the forum members thinking of him gave him some peace in his final days. My thoughts and prayers with be with his wife during these difficult times.

Good Bye Doug, rest in peace!!!!!:sad:

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
The Last Laugh

I'll be lucky if I can post this. I no more than found out Doug had left his computer for the last time and I posted a message to the thread, when the forum started playing tricks on me. I haven't been able to update my avatar, check my user CP, or just about anything else. It keeps saying my token has expired and it simply won't let me do anything. It will let me load the User CP page, but before I can click on anything, it goes to another page and tells me my token has expired. :eek:

Anyone else having troubles with the forum? You think maybe Doug could be behind it? Doug's new username isn't "Token" is it? I wouldn't put it past Doug to leave this place spreading a little laughter as a parting gift to remind us all to laugh and enjoy this life, no matter how tough it gets.

Laugh on, Doug! Laugh on!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my deepest symaptiies to Dougs family and all his friends here and on the other boards where people met him, he was one of a kind to say the least, never Have I seen anyone on any board in 12 years of being on boards that was anything like Doug, his humor was unparaelled, his wisdom came out through his humor and when he was serious he didnt waste any time letting it be known. He had a way with words that few of us if any have.

I know his last days were difficult for him as well as his family, death is never easy when you see it comming or not. it brings out emotions in all of us that are all over the place. Despite any of our differences we all shared our love for Doug and he will be missed here and many other places forever,

my sincerest condolences to his family,

eric petersen