Smorgass Bored Update

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Sweet Marissa said:
People suffering from depression need to hear from people who care about them. Is there a room number and hospital address for us to send cards, notes, pictures, and such to let him know we are all thinking of him? Thanks.

Keeping Doug in my prayers.

NO!

Doug doesn't want any phone calls, cards, notes, pictures and such.
That is his request.

JoeyA

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
NO!

Doug doesn't want any phone calls, cards, notes, pictures and such.
That is his request.

JoeyA
In that case please don't tell him that I am secretly praying for him to pull through this. It is amazing how much you can care for a person you have never actually met. It is exactly 11:11 am here and I have made my wish for the day.

BVal

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are right on the money Marissa!

Sweet Marissa said:
People suffering from depression need to hear from people who care about them. Is there a room number and hospital address for us to send cards, notes, pictures, and such to let him know we are all thinking of him? Thanks.

Keeping Doug in my prayers.

Marissa is right about depression, my sweet wife has suffered from depression for years and it is VERY difficult for an entire family to cope with. Hard to understand, hard to go through and utterly overwhelming for all involved. I do hope and pray that Smorg can gain some strength from all the AZ folks that care for him at such a difficult time in his life..
Dan

"T"

Son of Da Poet
Silver Member
Smorgie, we're all hoping and praying for you during these extremely difficult times.

Stay strong and God bless!

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
all the best man he's definitely in my thoughts and prayers. :(

i just hope he can find the will to stay strong. nothing's ever over till it's over.

Jayson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doug, i dont know you but after reading everything on here i can tell wat kind of person you are and wat kind of impact you have on others. my prayers are with you buddy

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Joey, thank you for the update. Even though it's sad news, it's good to get this update so we can have him and his wife in our thoughts and prayers.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Joey,

Thanks for bringing the news to everyone on the forum

Smorgie,

You are loved by all on AZ, and when you are down it affects us all. We have you in our thoughts and prayers at all times. We miss you.

Will Prout

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
tough to just give someone space

I'm pulling for Doug every inch of the way but at the same time I respect his need and right to be left alone. Sometimes all of a person's strength needs to be focused on his issues and anything that takes focus and energy away from that, even phone calls, cards, and flowers, weakens the person in their fight.

Lets all post our best wishes or any messages we care to in this thread. If and when Doug is up to reading them I am sure he will.

Hu

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
This is so sad.

I have never met Doug, but he is one of my favourites here on AZ. In the many "who would you like to meet"-threads I have always mentioned him.

I think we would have a lot of fun together, and I really hope that we could get a chance to meet one day.

Doug, I demand that you get well soon!

Your friend, I hope,

Roy

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
ShootingArts said:
I'm pulling for Doug every inch of the way but at the same time I respect his need and right to be left alone. Sometimes all of a person's strength needs to be focused on his issues and anything that takes focus and energy away from that, even phone calls, cards, and flowers, weakens the person in their fight.

Lets all post our best wishes or any messages we care to in this thread. If and when Doug is up to reading them I am sure he will.

Hu

Great post, Hu. Sometimes you have to respect a person's wishes, even if it isn't what you would want for yourself. If I were in the same situation, I would want to be left alone, also.

Maybe upon reflection, he will realize exactly how much he has to lose. The human mind is an amazing thing, and often, the will to live will win out over bad health.

Whatever happens, Doug, know that you have touched a lot of lives, and we will always think fondly of you.

If I were a praying man, I would be begging God on your behalf, but I will leave this fight up to you.

You have a hell of a battle in front of you, but it's a battle you can win.....if you want to.

Doug, I truly hope you decide to fight, and I hope you win.

Best Wishes,
Michael

Last edited:

jackson

"The Sleekly Drifter"
Silver Member
Doug - you and your family have my prayers to give you the strength you need to deal with your situation in whatever manner you choose - I have also given your name to a good friend of mine who is a member of a prayer group - every bit helps - we're all pullin' for ya and fully expect to see you posting in no time at all - ya hear!!! - Jackson

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Doug will be touched when he reads the heartfelt, inspirational thoughts expressed here to which mine would just be redundant.

Hang in!!!