Smorgass Bored Update

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bigtruck,

Given the situation and present state of things this is very much appreciated. I had gone back and read many of "Hump, What Hump's" posts and I can see by this 2003 quote that I didn't go back far enough. :eek: I got some reading to do! :D

LOL!! You shoulda seen some of the stuff from the rsb days!!

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
"I'm All In And Drawing Dead"

Unfortunately, there is NO good news to report. Doug isn't doing well and his condition seems to be worsening. Waiting for the doctors to report their course of action. Waiting, hoping against all hope.

Doug and I had a very serious conversation yesterday and I'll tell you about it someday.

JoeyA

Joey,
You and so many others here have been such good support and friends over the years and I treasure each and every one of you.

The results of the test were not encouraging and the course that the VA has planned is unacceptable.I have no life, no joys, no comfort and no sense of humor.

I have reached a decision. I'm tired and worn out and no longer have the strength, energy or willpower to continue the battle.

I pray that my online friends can forgive me and have enjoyed the ride. half as much as I have.

I love you all,
Doug

*Please try to help my wife Babarba through these difficult times. I have taught her how to log on under my account.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Joey,
You and so many others here have been such good support and friends over the years and I treasure each and every one of you.

The results of the test were not encouraging and the course that the VA has planned is unacceptable.I have no life, no joys, no comfort and no sense of humor.

I have reached a decision. I'm tired and worn out and no longer have the strength, energy or willpower to continue the battle.

I pray that my online friends can forgive me and have enjoyed the ride. half as much as I have.

I love you all,
Doug

*Please try to help my wife Babarba through these difficult times. I have taught her how to log on under my account.

Please Doug.... Stay in there!!!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
a few choices in life are our own

Doug,

There are a few choices in life we have to make for ourselves. This is one. There is nothing to forgive or a need to ask forgiveness for. As always, I have your back.

Hu

Joey,

I love you all,
Doug

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Joey,

I love you all,
Doug

Doug, on every level this is not the news I wanted to hear but my prayers, thoughts, and support are with you (as they are from all of us I'm sure) no matter what.

Last edited:

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
prayers are with you and your family

Doug's condition has worsened and he is back in the hospital with more problems than ever. I don't wish to go into the details and I don't think Doug would want me to either. This was posted for Doug's many friends so that you might share best wishes or prayers for a situation that has taken a turn for the worse.

Doug is not optimistic and is in severe depression. For those of you that knew him, this depression thing is a complete 180 for him so I believe his illnesses have simply overwhelmed him. Doug is beat-down and has no energy for anything.

They currently do not have a bed for him in the hospital but perhaps after seeing his worsening condition he may be admitted or at least that's what I'm hoping for.

Sorry for being the bearer of bad news. Just thought you would want to know.

If there is a change, I will let you know.

JoeyA

My prayers go out to him and his whole family from me and i hope God work's a miracle. I have not had time to read the whole post as i was without cable during my forced move........mike

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Joey,

I love you all,
Doug

Doug, this is sometimes the hardest thing in the world to decide. It isn't easy but at the same time, neither is all the pain. As Hu said, we are with you have your back. And, we love you.

zzsmorgjacback2.jpg

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Joey,

I love you all,
Doug

I wish your news was better, try to enjoy the time you have with your wife and friends. I wish you and Barbara the best.

Daniel

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Doug,

Hang in there, pal! You've lead a great life and continue to do so even in these dark times. They say if you make it through life with one friend, you are blessed. You are really blessed judging from all your friends on this forum. A little more rep coming your way!

Best always,

Steve

lady9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joey,

I love you all,
Doug

The ride will not be the same without you, but you do what you have to do. Many would not have hung on as long, myself included. Peace be with you, Doug. We love you, too.

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
Joey,

I love you all,
Doug

I'm not ashamed to admit that this post brought tears to my eyes, but....I understand. We must each walk our own path.

I'm already stolen many of your "Dougisms", and your unique style of humor will have me (and others) laughing forever. When my son gets old enough to ask why I say "Oy-vey" and "VIOLA!", etc., I will tell him about my old friend from AZbilliards.

You will live forever Doug, don't worry about a damn thing.

Michael

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joey,

I love you all,
Doug

Doug,

This post makes me sad & happy at the same time. I know that Saint Peter WILL have a pass for you, and it aint because YOU ARE #1. Well maybe it is.

I will miss you dearly!

Godspeed Buddy!

Ray

I know how much you loved Youtube. For you Doug

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Do your thing Doug and don't worry about us. Barbara it would be nice to here from you on this forum now and then. Many of us will always remember these times and it has allot to do with your man. Peace Doug.

Milo

NPL CHIX, WE DID IT!!!!!
Silver Member
You are a very special man!!!!

Doug,

Whatever path you decide to take, I will always support you.
You were the first person on AZ to say Hi,(joined in April of last year)and made me feel welcomed.:)
I will always have your back buddy.:)

Stay Cool,
Always your friend,
A