:: Southwest - Full Splice + Wrapless + Bridged Point ::

wawacue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only problem is that it is not really a SW cue.

The blank was made by someone else and then shipped to SW to put together, sorry but not a "true SW".

Don't know what it will do for SW image but it's not looking good from where I sit and I have heard other comments that echoed my thinking.

Let's see, taking a $375 blank made by someone else and then adding your name to it so they can find some fool that thinks it is a "true SW" and pay about 6 times the true value of the cue.

Shame on the people that talked SW into doing it and shame on SW for doing it. I believe that SW did not know that the cue would be sold but thought it was going to a good home. I would almost be willing to bet that person will never receive another cue from SW again. I could be wrong but time will tell.

Wow..... Really ??? You really gonna stand by your statement ? I am 100% sure you have made cues from other people blanks and you put your name on the cue too so what does that makes you..... It sure don't look good from where I am looking at about your own statement.

Well IF..... J.H. Builds blanks for $375, I guess you would build your blanks for $50 ? Between you & Jake blanks, I rather paid $375 for J.H. blanks ALL day long.

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am 100% sure you have made cues from other people blanks and you put your name on the cue too so what does that makes you....

Makes him a nobody, and nobody cares when a nobody builds a cue from someone else's blank.

Brickcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, sorry I got things a little heated.

To put the record straight I do not hate SW at all and don't know why anyone would think I did.

I played with SW or DPK cues since the 80's and have owned quite a few including a Verl Horn conversion. Wish I had kept that cue as I only paid $1700 for it.

Anyway I loved DPK's vision and if you look at my cues you can see the influence as I build a SW/DPK style cue.

Yes I have made some John Davis conversions and some Titlest conversions as most cue makers do for their customers and yes they are my cues but they are conversions and not really all mine. But then John Davis made blanks for Balabuska and George used Titlest blanks on a lot of his cues and also Burton Spain supplied a lot of blanks and yet it was a long time ago and that was how it was done back then.

It is done to some extent today with Prather and others making parts for cue makers that don't have the time or the equipment to do themselves when starting out. I still have a couple of Verl Horn ivory prongs that I bought way before he died as at that time I did not have the equipment to make.

Now SW has built their own reputation over the last almost 40 years. I under stand why they did some conversions in the early years. They have evolved into one of the top cue makers of our time and they have done so by making 6 and 9 point cues plain and simple with no inlays and just wood.

I guess I am just a purist that believes SW should be either 6 or 9 points with the points not touching at the bottom or no points at all. Sorry but when I see a conversion it is not what I consider a true SW.

But then who am I but an 64 year old idiot that build cues because I like to, not because I have to.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So now we can get back to the business of admiring Jive's cue

There is no more need to knock Brick for his remarks
When I was only 64years old i used to get in trouble with my opinions
Welcome back to the fold

We didn't mean to jump on you,
but hey Its az billiards ,where we eat our own

Where is John Barton?
Surely he will get involved and we can pick on him

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
I think it is a sweet cue for sure! Jake did a great job as well as the SW Shop! Congratulations Jive.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
super sweet cue....and i love the few people who have hate in the heart....this cue is stunning and jake is a awesome guy....spent two days talking and enjoying the great fellowship at cuestock....it was also nice to meet jakes partner in crime larry vargus... FOR ALL YOU GUYS WHO MISSED OUT ON CUESTOCK......only if you knew how much fun and the amount of knowledge that was spoken by some of the greatest cuemakers and collectors.....YOU REALLY MISSED OUT.......looking forward to next year already...and seeing what jake and the other cuemakers have in store for the cuemarket moving forward....:thumbup: once again great stuff jive and dean i cant hardly wait to see what you coming next.... i am sure there will be TONS OF HATERS.... ;)

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Huge thanks for all the kind words and support given to Jake, Laurie and Dean for making this project possible.

This cue is special not because it's never been done before but because a design so simple can hold it's own when displayed beside it's fancier "relatives"...here's a photo i took over the weekend during the Beijing Cue Forum. I'll be starting a thread on that shortly..