TAR 22: Earl Strickland vs Shane Van Boening. December 2,3,4 in the TAR Studio

realkingcobra

Silver Member
View attachment 198957

The Action Report is excited to announce TAR 22: Strickland vs Van Boening. This match will take place December 2,3,4 2011 at the TAR Studio in Las Vegas, NV. The match will be 9 Ball, race to 75, $5000 per man winner take all. Rules are winner breaks, rack your own with a magic rack on the TAR Studio 9 foot Diamond Pro Am with the "Fatboy" rails by RealKing Cobra that feature 4 1/8" pockets. The 9 ball must be made last and will spot up if made on the break or early in the rack on a combo or carom. Call shot/call safe rules will be used just like in the last match between these two.

This match is presented by CueSports International and will be the second match to be streamed live from the TAR Studio. The match will begin at 7 PM Eastern each day. Match format is race to 25 first day, first to 50 second day and finish the set on the third and final day.

There will be limited seating available in the TAR Studio for those who would like to come to Las Vegas to watch this match live. It is the weekend before Mosconi Cup so it may make for a nice pool trip to Vegas to watch TAR 22 and then the Mosconi Cup four days later.

Seating and PPV info will be up soon on theactionreport.com

Any questions or comments lets hear 'em. I know this is gonna get it stirred up one way or another.

Great job of setting this one up Justin. If you ever want or need some Diamond 9ft ProAm rails with tighter pockets than Fatboy's, just so you know, Artie Bodenorfer's 9ft ProAm has 4" corner pockets on his, with a little bit different miter angles than what I did Fatboy's with. I'm hoping to be in Vegas for this one, at least that's my plans right now, seeings how you got some set dates for me to be there that I can count on. Once again, great job...this match up should be the mortal nuts between Shane and Earl:grin:

Glen

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awseome...match up once again from Justin and the TAR crew!!!! Money match before Mosconi cup??? what else can you ask for before x-mas?? thanks again for continuing to bring quality pool content to the rest of the world.

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
I like it as it's a change in pace from race to 100 format.

One of these days, I hope to see "tennis" format ... race to xx games, 5 sets win a set by x games. Hoping for a chance to see pool version of Isner vs Mahut @ The Wimbledon that went 6-4, 3-6, 6-7 (7), 7-6 (3), 70-68.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Is the price going to be the same to watch half the action and 3/4 the race?

Seriously?

Better off to go buy a boxing ticket for $150 and see someone get knocked out in the first round.

Here you are guaranteed three days of top level pool for the money.

There is no better bargain in PPV entertainment as far as I can see it.

Don't be a nit :)

rivercitysledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Match ought to set some records for Racks Run. If Shane can string 7 racks of 10 ball on that table with a magic rack, what kind of number is he going to put up playing 9ball with a magic rack, where the wing ball is about a 98% lock to go in the corner every time.

I wonder if there is a pattern rack rule, where they are required to just throw the balls in the rack without placing them where they want.

No Early Nine, might take away some short games, but I don't think it will have any drastic effect on the number of racks put together.

In Shane's last set with Alex he broke and Ran 38 times out of 99 attempts, just under 38%. Using those numbers he is expected to run at least 28 racks if he breaks 74 or 75 times.

If a guy where to set a line such as Shane runs 65% of the racks he breaks, would that entice anyone to make a wager...So if Shane breaks 75 times he has to run 48 games (rounded down).

yes you got me ill bet whatever you like on shane running 65% of the time from break i got the donts

jaycast16

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No disrespect to Earl but you guys are making Shane a rich guy.He just beat Alex recently and now he is up for an easier match.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
No disrespect to Earl but you guys are making Shane a rich guy.He just beat Alex recently and now he is up for an easier match.

tar does not just pick the players who play.
earl has to have someone who thinks he can win
or this game would not go down.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Didn't we JUST go through this a couple months ago. Isn't Spidey supposed to eat his own underwear because he predicted Earl would lose to Shane in any game on any table?

Didn't Earl just beat Johnny Archer in a challenge match?

Hasn't Earl been finishing high in pro events lately? Didn't he snap off a Seminole event?

I don't see this as a walk in the park for Shane by any means. BUT Shane definitely has the table advantage this time seeing as how he just trounced Alex on it.

Shane has the edge, how much of the edge is unclear. Earl's nine ball game is not even a ball under Alex's so it's not an easier game. Earl's mental game is the five ball under Alex so if he can keep that in check then maybe we will see another Earl flashback.

For myself it was a pleasure seeing Earl back in the box and playing good. At least he is willing to do something. Yeah it's not what he (or his backers) agreed to with the 10fter match but it's something.

I say THANKS TAR for putting this together. You got me again with another interesting match!

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope to see a great match too. However, I'm concerned that if things start going south for Earl, he might just blow up and lose very badly or just quit

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Well John for the first time in probably 5 years I finally agree with one of your posts...word for word. I am now going outside to check if the world is spinning backwards.

Nick

Didn't we JUST go through this a couple months ago. Isn't Spidey supposed to eat his own underwear because he predicted Earl would lose to Shane in any game on any table?

Didn't Earl just beat Johnny Archer in a challenge match?

Hasn't Earl been finishing high in pro events lately? Didn't he snap off a Seminole event?

I don't see this as a walk in the park for Shane by any means. BUT Shane definitely has the table advantage this time seeing as how he just trounced Alex on it.

Shane has the edge, how much of the edge is unclear. Earl's nine ball game is not even a ball under Alex's so it's not an easier game. Earl's mental game is the five ball under Alex so if he can keep that in check then maybe we will see another Earl flashback.

For myself it was a pleasure seeing Earl back in the box and playing good. At least he is willing to do something. Yeah it's not what he (or his backers) agreed to with the 10fter match but it's something.

I say THANKS TAR for putting this together. You got me again with another interesting match!

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Good offer, but imho the Fatboy rails played triple good...but my curiosity wants to see them 4 inchers... "TAR TEAM"... thank's!!! it's gonna be good.

The main problem is they are Fatboy's rails. He might want them back eventually so TAR could use a nice set of their own because they played phenomenally. 4 inch could be interesting, simply because SVB seemed to humble the 4 1/8 quite quickly and managed to run some impressive packages on that thing.

For me though, I want to see TAR eventually get one of those 10-foot tables, the challenge matches of 10-ball and 8-ball on one of those things with about the same 4 1/8 inch pockets would be legendary.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Well John for the first time in probably 5 years I finally agree with one of your posts...word for word. I am now going outside to check if the world is spinning backwards.

Nick

I am so screwed. First Justin and now you. My head is slowly imploding. This must be your nefarious plan...... :)

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
No I'm Not Betting.

I would put the odds at even on this match.
Shane's playing good as always & he's allready won a race on this table.
Earl always plays good on these longer races & I'm sure he'll have enough warm up time on the table. Also I think even though Earl acts like a nut sometimes he has one of the best mental games for long races. Should be a great race.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope to see a great match too. However, I'm concerned that if things start going south for Earl, he might just blow up and lose very badly or just quit

How about if Earl goes on a run and things are bad for Shane, can he hold it together and not blow up?

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
This is sure to be a classic.

With all of the titles that Earl has acquired in nine ball, Shane will be working hard to win this one.

Awesome matchup! Congrats to all who made this happen!

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Their last match on the ten footer was the most amazing pool I've ever seen.

I can't wait for this one.