TAR 28 Podcast tonight with Corey Deuel and John Schmidt 9PM EST. Any Questions ?

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Do they feel 8-ball on one of the new Diamond 10-foot tables with the same 4 1/8th inch pocket size as the TAR table would be too hard for the pros? too easy? or just right?

Given the overwhelming popularity of 8-ball with the general public and amature pool players over 9/10-ball, what are their thoughts on 8-ball being the primary professional game if played on equipment that offered a sufficient challenge and taking advantage of the already existing understanding and prefference of the potential fanbase towards 8-ball?

Celtic

Silver Member
14 posts and no one has brought it up? Where's the jihadist at, anyway? :p

I'd like to hear their views on the open-after-the-break vs take-what-you-make "controversy" from last week.

You got my back. I am really looking forward to listening to this portion of the podcast, that is going to ellicit some pretty interesting discussion I am guessing.

dabarbr said:
Question for Corey. If you were John, would prefer open after break in eight ball or you got what you make?

That is dirty. :grin:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Justin:

Can you please have Corey/John discuss their backhand grip? I'm curious of their techniques.... especially after checking out Busty's during his podcast.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Have Cory shoot the spot shot where the cue ball doesn't touch a rail... That would be youtube gold son...

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Both these guys are straight forward when asked a question. Neither have to be coaxed along. Just sk them the questions and let them go. Johnnyt

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Do they feel 8-ball on one of the new Diamond 10-foot tables with the same 4 1/8th inch pocket size as the TAR table would be too hard for the pros? too easy? or just right?

Given the overwhelming popularity of 8-ball with the general public and amature pool players over 9/10-ball, what are their thoughts on 8-ball being the primary professional game if played on equipment that offered a sufficient challenge and taking advantage of the already existing understanding and prefference of the potential fanbase towards 8-ball?

There is an evil part of me deep inside that just for a minute considered telling the guys "Whenever I bring up 8 ball just look like I called you a dirty name and say "8 ball sucks and I hate playing it. Only Canadians and communists like that game."

Unfortunately I am curious to hear the real answers too. What a waste of a beautiful troll....

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
For Corey. Do you still use only about a 1/8 to 1/4 thick tip and if so why? I cut mine down like that feel the hit better. Johnnyt

Celtic

Silver Member
There is an evil part of me deep inside that just for a minute considered telling the guys "Whenever I bring up 8 ball just look like I called you a dirty name and say "8 ball sucks and I hate playing it. Only Canadians and communists like that game."

Evil, but that Canadian and communists line still got me laughing, that would actually crack me up bigtime.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Saw him do that for the cheddar at the old Derby one year. Strong as goats milk.

Dee and I were just telling stories about all of the sick stuff we've seen Cory do a couple of weeks ago. You could do an entire podcast of him doing sicko stuff...

One of the sickest was during a Mosconi Cup when he did the sick draw masse on the 2 ball (IIRC) that was near the rail and the cue ball never touched the rail.

Pretty sick when you see a guy play every single day and you have to say every single day, this guy is sick...

LucasBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since John reads and posts here, I want to know if he has a chip on his shoulder coming into this match with all the talk that he has no chance. Does he feel disrespected by it?

For Corey, can he explain how he seems to figure out the break in each game (10 ball, 9 ball, etc.) and how much he works on his break. Lastly what was his thinking when using the bridge to break?

#Cruncher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is the better golfer between Corey and John and why does it hold such a fascination amongst top pool players (Johnny, Earl, Kim Davenport, etc.)?

Celtic

Silver Member
One last question for Schmidt.

Do you expect your extensive straight pool knowledge and skill to be useful in the 8-ball match? Pattern play and dealing with clusters are critical in both games and as the more experienced straight pool player between you and Corey would you say this might give you an advantage in the 8-ball match?

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
All these questions posed by previous posters are silly, really. What we all really want to know is the following:

To Corey:

If you were John, and John were you, how would you feel about your chances playing you, and by you, I mean John?

Foolio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey- What did you do after you won the US Open 11-0? Do you ever think of that match when you play Mika?

Could you also let Corey know that he has many fans, and he are all hoping for a Deuel comeback!