Users who change their user title to "banned" ...

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I think it's simply an accounting problem.
When AZ bans someone, it says banned.
If you allow fake bans, it's hard to keep track of who is actually banned.

Kinda like a customer marking 'paid' on an invoice...without having paid.

Nope, that's not it.

:smile:

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
How long is Rick banned this time?

He has to stay in his room until he has learned his lesson. Last time he came back and said he had no idea why he was banned. This time he should have to proclaim to management that he has learned his lesson, then state what that lesson was. And oh yea promise not to do it again.:sorry::confused::sorry:

Last edited:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If someone is in every thread arguing but they let things go pretty quick that is bad but perhaps not the end of the world. If someone thinks they are never, ever wrong but they don't get involved in that many threads it will irritate people but it is not a forum killer. If someone just can't let things go and always has to have the last word but they aren't in very many threads, again, it is not the most ingratiating thing but people probably won't call for you to be burned at the stake.

All of that is true, but let's be honest, there are a number of guys around here who just loved to get him going and then keep it going with their own side of the back and forth. In some ways, given the fact that we could all tell (except one or two) that he was b@t-s#it crazy, what they did was worse in matching him message for message. Clearly he couldn't control himself, but what was THEIR excuse?

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of that is true, but let's be honest, there are a number of guys around here who just loved to get him going and then keep it going with their own side of the back and forth. In some ways, given the fact that we could all tell (except one or two) that he was b@t-s#it crazy, what they did was worse in matching him message for message. Clearly he couldn't control himself, but what was THEIR excuse?

Baloney. NO ONE even came close to matching him post for post. Often, it would take the next top 6,7,8 posters in a thread to equal just his post count. He would often post derogatory info about people that would then be corrected, and often would post bad info about how to play the game. No one wants to come on here trying to learn and have to read bad info. The real question is, why did it take so long for many on here to finally speak up?

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
I know you must find this incredibly amusing.

I don't.

From now on, if you change your user title to "banned", I will go ahead and finish the job of banning you as soon as I see it.

Come on my man.
Everybody loves a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Take Barton and PJ for instance. It is a foregone conclusion. :grin:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

I disagree with anyone egging him on but I don't think it happened all that much. I think for the most part people were sincerely trying to get him to see the light. Yes a lot of effort was put in by people at times but it was because he was never seeing the light. But yes, for those occasions where someone was just trying to troll him then yes, I disagree with it.

I also disagree with the people that are wanting to "get even" with him or "punish" him by saying things like we shouldn't give him the pleasure of talking about him or other things they are saying and I feel that way because I don't think he was a bad person who was just intentionally trying to be an a$$hole. I think he was probably a pretty good guy with some real issues and largely or at least partly couldn't see and understand what he was actually doing and how it came across. Perhaps I am wrong but that's my take. I guess I felt sorry for him as much as I felt angered by him.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
man ive been here for over a decade.....went the the fast larry wars.....i wasn't active much between 2012 and 2015.....one of the last user messages i got was from rick....

Thanks for the green & the Info. I hope to learn more about S.A.M. Thanks Again. Eat well. Rick (English!)

thats still the last user public message ive recieved...you know like your "wall"

and few months ago i came back on and we talked a little bit....and then he messaged me and all was good but seemed little strange.....i tought a couple pepole may have just been giving him hard time.

it was on some seemingly innocent stuff...

and then talking to a few people i've known quite some time, like Scott lee....phone calls and such....mentioning whats going on? and says man you know he joined few years back and 17k posts later and he derails and is passive aggressive and troll....and i started posting again more, and ive alwyas been in cuemakers sec, npr, main, mech, bla bla bla...i know some come here and stick to one place or two...whatever....

and like within a couple months i went from thinking rick was a good dude to "the black plague".....makes fast larry look like a great guy imop.

it was really like "AWE COMON MAN!" give the guy a break....were on the interent.....to a whole band of members like a WHOLE band who have never agreed on anything wishing John Scmits goat would arise and eat ENGLISH! and chit him off a cliff......derezzed lol

never seen nothing quite like him...i'm 32 and a computer nerd from way back even the old old 3.11 and apple lisas.......real floppys...ansi art lol....been in many forums. lots of trolls out there. Mike "mad martigan" Howerton was needed to save us.

from the trolls......maybe he should run for president...he doesn't wear a dead squirrell on his head...i dont think hes gotten people killed, or had a server in his home as a top government employee of the people....probably wont give away everyones money.....start a state funded pool program and tour across the nation....

mike howerton for president of the united states of america.

are there write ins? lol
I'll bet Rick's old lady won't be voting for Howerton for prez. Probably drafting a nasty gram right now.
Maybe she and Ms. Barton, Figuroa and Ms. RKC could BAND together and politic on this forum to get their lives back and their hubbies reinstated.

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
Fast Larry also comes to mind.

You know if they add a few lines of code. The special ones could have a bedazzled style "banned" by their names.
Kind of a salute to their, shall we say flare. :D:D

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Come on my man.
Everybody loves a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Take Barton and PJ for instance. It is a foregone conclusion. :grin:

I think Rick was trying to catch up to Sev's post count :p

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
There ain't no catching that. It would be like a nun catching a case of crabs and syphilis.

Just for the record, are there 24 crabs in a case of crabs? I've always wondered about that.
What if some of those crabs reproduce? When they get old enough do they split up into cases of 24 and go off to infest someone else?
And, who keeps all that straight? Is there like a head crab that sees about who goes where. "Okay Buster, I'm assigning you to case number 438. You and the other 23 crabs will be living with Mr. Johnson for awhile." :grin-square:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll bet Rick's old lady won't be voting for Howerton for prez. Probably drafting a nasty gram right now.
Maybe she and Ms. Barton, Figuroa and Ms. RKC could BAND together and politic on this forum to get their lives back and their hubbies reinstated.

Aren't they all alive and well except English???

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just for the record, are there 24 crabs in a case of crabs? I've always wondered about that.
What if some of those crabs reproduce? When they get old enough do they split up into cases of 24 and go off to infest someone else?
And, who keeps all that straight? Is there like a head crab that sees about who goes where. "Okay Buster, I'm assigning you to case number 438. You and the other 23 crabs will be living with Mr. Johnson for awhile." :grin-square:

:killingme::killingme: This would be a great bar room debate. A day in the life of a crab. Like the ice cream guy at a baseball game.... The head crab yells out....Crabs here...who'll have some.

Last edited: