Warning to the Male BCA players visiting Las Vegas

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL @ what all these stories have in common:

I was...(with/around/approached by)...a...(hooker/stripper/panhandler)....and I was....(drunk/horny/stupid)....and something bad happened.

[...]

Or, in many cases, "I have a friend" who was...(

;-)

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
For a while, I was kinda sad I wasn't going to Vegas...then this thread started. :D

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After reading all of this i'm not sure I want to go back to LV. The last time I was there I went by myself to the BCA trade show and it sounds like I was lucky to get out of there safely with my wallet. I like LV, but after a few trips it doesn't have the attraction it did the first few times I went there. I don't think i'll ever go back by myself again......

James

For entertainment Las Vegas is the best city on the planet earth.I love every minute of it.Only thing is that one has to be carefull and that is all to it.I never had any problems sofar and that is because I have been very carefull.
:cool:

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Taxi Drivers

I've been to Vegas about 15 times. The last time that I was there, my taxi driver asked me right away when I got in the car if it was my first time there. I told him that it was my 15th time.

Get this -- he still takes me the LONG way to my hotel. He says that there is less traffic that way using the highway -- but he tells me to ignore the meter.

From what I remember, the ride is usually about $15 bucks....and I normally give them $20. The amount for the long way, without the meter was $20 -- so that is what I gave him with no tip. (So even though I told him that I've been there many times before...he still tried to rip me off...and I think that he actually did, considering he got a big built-in tip from me anyway).

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
From past experience, there's 2 rules to follow:

1. Trust your gut, if it don't feel right, it's not. Walk on.
2. If it's too good to be true, it is. Walk on.

Stay alert and watch things around you, you'll be surprised how much you see.

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
vegas is the nutsss!!!! can't wait to get there... how can you not love that place?

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I've been to Vegas about 15 times. The last time that I was there, my taxi driver asked me right away when I got in the car if it was my first time there. I told him that it was my 15th time.

Get this -- he still takes me the LONG way to my hotel. He says that there is less traffic that way using the highway -- but he tells me to ignore the meter.

From what I remember, the ride is usually about $15 bucks....and I normally give them $20. The amount for the long way, without the meter was $20 -- so that is what I gave him with no tip. (So even though I told him that I've been there many times before...he still tried to rip me off...and I think that he actually did, considering he got a big built-in tip from me anyway).

What I find funny is that the taxi drivers always try to take you out on the highway on your way from the airport to the hotel but when you are leaving, they always go thru the streets. Why is that? Do they figure you were wised up by then?

I can't wait for Vega$. Closest call I ever had to being robbed was I put my friend in charge of the room safe. We were going to the mall to get me a charger for my phone that I forgot. So I ask him to open the safe and so I can get out some of my money. He opens it but I never close the door. He never closes the door either. We walk to the mall, the phone store is way in the back. Then we decide to get something to eat. Almost done with our meal, he asks me - 'You closed the safe, right'. He knew right away what the reply was. We both get up and bolt threw the mall as fast as a fat, white boy can run. Across the street to The Encore, up the elevator only to see that the housekeeper was cleaning the room next to ours. Luckily, we were next in line to have housekeeping and she already had not come in and cleaned us out.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Take your cheapest car there, and fit an alarm and club.

I saw a story years ago at the height of "The Club's" popularity. They showed how simple it was to get around this security measure. All the theives new about it, not too many consumers, though. Simply cut the relatively soft plastic steering wheel and slip the kryptonite (or whatever metal) Club off. :eek:

[/QUOTE]Openly carry a firearm.You'll be fine :)[/QUOTE]

Now we're talking! :D

Best,
Brian kc

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
What I find funny is that the taxi drivers always try to take you out on the highway on your way from the airport to the hotel but when you are leaving, they always go thru the streets. Why is that? Do they figure you were wised up by then?

I can't wait for Vega$. Closest call I ever had to being robbed was I put my friend in charge of the room safe. We were going to the mall to get me a charger for my phone that I forgot. So I ask him to open the safe and so I can get out some of my money. He opens it but I never close the door. He never closes the door either. We walk to the mall, the phone store is way in the back. Then we decide to get something to eat. Almost done with our meal, he asks me - 'You closed the safe, right'. He knew right away what the reply was. We both get up and bolt threw the mall as fast as a fat, white boy can run. Across the street to The Encore, up the elevator only to see that the housekeeper was cleaning the room next to ours. Luckily, we were next in line to have housekeeping and she already had not come in and cleaned us out.

DON'T hide money or valuables in your room! The first place they look is in your bags (all the little pockets), and in jackets hanging in the closets. Under clothes in a drawer won't work either.

wbweld0

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess this thread begs the question...what do you all do with your cues then? I have always left them in the rooms but am not sure anymore.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scams and scammers are everywhere in Vegas. Taxi drivers automatically take "tourists" from the airport the long way to their hotel. Upscale restaurants pad their bills (look for the extra entree or extra drinks), especially if you've been drinking. If you Valet park your car, leave nothing of value inside. They can and do check trunks and glove boxes. You may encounter someone walking who claims to be broke and needs to sell either his "gold" ring, "gold" chain or his "Rolex" watch. Don't buy any of this crap, even for $20.

There's more but this will give you an idea of how "scam city" operates. Also, be extra careful when gambling. Always be aware of where your cup full of quarters is when playing slots. Someone will distract you, while their accomplice steals it. Same goes for purses, one of the most popular types of thievery around the slot areas. Be careful who stands next to you at a dice table. You must protect your chips in the rack. Same goes for someone who sits down next to you at a Blackjack table. Never take your cue stick to the bar and set it down ANYWHERE! Bye bye cue!

Do you want me to go on? DONT' GET INVOLVED WITH STRANGERS! They are not your friends! Every year MANY people get robbed and killed in hotel rooms. It is one of Vegas' best kept secrets. Parking structures are also good places to get robbed. Walk in pairs! And be extra careful crossing the strip, especially at night. The street is full of drunk drivers. Someone was killed last year in front of the RIV, crossing from the MacDonalds! And finally, in case you didn't know, the downtown area is dangerous at night. Don't go alone!

P.S. One more - the Strip clubs are the worst rip off joints in the world. All of them! If you must have sex, go to an Asian massage parlor. It will cost you $100-150 but you won't get ripped off. Even there you must negotiate.

Sorry to hear about that Jay. It's a damn shame when a guy can't put his purse down to play the slots without getting it stolen.:smile:

I went to Vegas for the first time last year and I had my wife with me which guaranteed I got nowhere near anything that looked like fun.

I would highly recommend the bus ride to the Grand Canyon. Get up early so you can be at the bus depot at 6 am, ride for 7 hours on a bus, look at the Grand Canyon for 45 minutes, get back on the bus and ride for 7 hours back to Vegas. Try that the first day you are there, you will be too tired to get in any trouble for the rest of your stay.

ottersbro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i was in vegas once and heard there was this scam where two women would approach you and ask you for a date,then when you were busy with one of them the other one would steal your wallet. heck i went thru 3 wallets on that trip.:dance:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Scams and scammers are everywhere in Vegas. Taxi drivers automatically take "tourists" from the airport the long way to their hotel. Upscale restaurants pad their bills (look for the extra entree or extra drinks), especially if you've been drinking. If you Valet park your car, leave nothing of value inside. They can and do check trunks and glove boxes. You may encounter someone walking who claims to be broke and needs to sell either his "gold" ring, "gold" chain or his "Rolex" watch. Don't buy any of this crap, even for $20.

There's more but this will give you an idea of how "scam city" operates. Also, be extra careful when gambling. Always be aware of where your cup full of quarters is when playing slots. Someone will distract you, while their accomplice steals it. Same goes for purses, one of the most popular types of thievery around the slot areas. Be careful who stands next to you at a dice table. You must protect your chips in the rack. Same goes for someone who sits down next to you at a Blackjack table. Never take your cue stick to the bar and set it down ANYWHERE! Bye bye cue!

Do you want me to go on? DONT' GET INVOLVED WITH STRANGERS! They are not your friends! Every year MANY people get robbed and killed in hotel rooms. It is one of Vegas' best kept secrets. Parking structures are also good places to get robbed. Walk in pairs! And be extra careful crossing the strip, especially at night. The street is full of drunk drivers. Someone was killed last year in front of the RIV, crossing from the MacDonalds! And finally, in case you didn't know, the downtown area is dangerous at night. Don't go alone!

P.S. One more - the Strip clubs are the worst rip off joints in the world. All of them! If you must have sex, go to an Asian massage parlor. It will cost you $100-150 but you won't get ripped off. Even there you must negotiate.[/QUOTE]

And I guess you speak from experience? :eek: Or is this second hand information?
JoeyA

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good advice for the reverse to - women should not accept opened beer from men they don't know (as an example) b/c it could be spiked.

i spiked yours in College Station and you ordered another!! LOL

Last edited:

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
years and years ago I was in Vegas and with MOM, Honestly< MOM!

It got late and she wanted to go to her room and asked me to walk her which naturally I agreed!

We got on the elevator and a hooker climbed on with us. She asked me where I as from and of courseI lied! She then promised me the best time of my life for $100. (to bad mom had lost all her cash) My mom nearly dropped her teeth when I tried to negotiate!

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

P.S. One more - the Strip clubs are the worst rip off joints in the world. All of them! If you must have sex, go to an Asian massage parlor. It will cost you $100-150 but you won't get ripped off. Even there you must negotiate.[/QUOTE]

And I guess you speak from experience? :eek: Or is this second hand information?
JoeyA

If you must know oh joyous one, a little bit of both! :nanner:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
never been in a bad place in my life . . .

Been in a few places that were interesting, never one that was really bad. My picture in the avatar explains it all, I look a lot more like a mugger than a muggee.

Being alert and walking with purpose like you are on your way somewhere and eager to get there will take care of most folks that would bother you. I've found that stray dogs and stray people both understand "git" spoken in a firm voice. As in shorthand for get the hell away from me now.

My friend Roland did get suckered when he was out in the desert near Vegas. A naked lady standing on the side the road. Like a moron he stopped and a man stepped out of the brush with a gun. Roland threw away both sets of clothes but picked up a couple hundred cash and a decent gold watch he offered to give me when he told me the story.

Anybody pick up a naked man and woman near Vegas? Ain't smart to piss off a boy from Baton Rouge.

Hu