Who are the 'Old Schoolers' of AZ

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Thanks JAM - at least get me back past Mr. Wilson. I know people really can't like what he says. :)

Then I will discuss with Mike about going in reverse alphabetical order.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks JAM - at least get me back past Mr. Wilson. I know people really can't like what he says. :)

Or you could come up with a new forum name. That's the latest trend now. :thumbup:

You could be "~~~Watchez~~~" and eventually end up as number one, above everybody. ;)

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I forgot I was even a member on RSB...I Just did a search and I started posting there in 2001.

JAM's comment jogged my memory, I remember how frustrating it was waiting for your post to show up.

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member

Whoaaaa! I happen to LIKE Mr.Wilson! You better watch it watchez!

And reversal-smershall....."A" before "W"....neener-neener-neener! :D

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
JAM,
Didn't Mike reset all the members dates of joining around March 2003? Seems I recal there were lots of us here & for some reason, he had updated something in March 2003 & it automatically started us all over again at that time. I think AZB is older than 2003....Do you remember any of that?

Terry, AZB is definitely older than 2003. In fact, you didnt have to register, to post, up to 2002 or so.

I roughly remember this current forum look as "AZB 3.0". The main page/skin/look changed 3 times, IIRC.

Eric

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whoaaaa! I happen to LIKE Mr.Wilson! You better watch it watchez!

And reversal-smershall....."A" before "W"....neener-neener-neener! :D

LOL! Terry, unfortunately, AzBilliards alphabet begins with the first word of the forum name, so you're a "T." :grin-square:

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aye

LOL! Terry, unfortunately, AzBilliards alphabet begins with the first word of the forum name, so you're a "T." :grin-square:

I been here a while... I do kinda miss some of the old days, and old posters,,, well, except maybe Fast Larry..... You can only take so much entertainment in a post

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
I came late to the AZB Party (March 2006) previously I was posting on alt.sport.pool in the early/mid 1990's and then made the switch over to rec.sport.billiard (RSB) when it was established on the usenet.

Although people have come and gone, the one thing remains, there are always some interesting personalities on the pool/billiard boards.

I've almost been on some billiard site or other for 20 years now.

Here's to the past (may we remember those who have posted before us), the present (may we enjoy the company of those in our current group) and the future (let's pave the way to ensure the future of our pool comunity for those that are yet to make their first post).

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Makes me think, who are the Old Schoolers of AZ -

Hey Watchez...thanks for reminding me again of my advancing years.

I guess I will grudgingly admit to "old school" status; but ONLY if sjm is admitted as well ("youngest old schooler" is in his avatar).

Anyone who has not crossed swords with drivermaker or can't remember IMMSHARMA (his secret aiming system reminds me a great deal of all of the CTE brouhaha) is probably NOT an old-schooler.

P.S. - anyone who does not remember breakup or the breakup/Betmore feud is NOT old school.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
One of my earliest memories of AZ is when an unnamed player specifically targeted me about ungentlemanly comments about another female player.

In today's AZ it seems like bashing and being obnoxious is part of being a club member.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
or can't remember IMMSHARMA (his secret aiming system reminds me a great deal of all of the CTE brouhaha) is probably NOT an old-schooler.

Hey, that's a blast from the past; IMASCAMMER!

Thanks for the laugh, Don.

Eric >really enjoying this thread

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I simply lost the desire to interact with many that were posting on here. Having a difference of opinion is one thing. Getting personal is another. I came back and have deleted more posts that I typed than I have actually hit the submit key and posted. I'll let playing sheriff at times up to others. I know I have met many great people and have some true friends cause of this site, most of them the Old Schoolers, and thought to myself that I wanted to keep those relationships going.

I did leave out you, Eric, Roy Steffenson, JohnnyT, Tate, Joey, Neil as a few more off the top of my head. I'm sure there are still more.

p.s. I have run behind in the rep department and it is nice to see your name on the first few pages so feel free to leave me some to catch up. :)

Well, OK. But only because you didn't actually leave me out in your original post.

Lou Figueroa/lfigueroa
really going to have to give
that "branding" thing another look...

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was posting to RSB NG via AOL dial-up. It was so frustrating because I would create a post, and it would not appear on RSB NG until four or five hours later. Sometimes they didn't show up until the next day. There was no immediate gratification in seeing your post appear, like there is here. :p

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

So that's why you were always so pissed off over there.

Lou Figueroa
who knew :)

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Watchez...thanks for reminding me again of my advancing years.

I guess I will grudgingly admit to "old school" status; but ONLY if sjm is admitted as well ("youngest old schooler" is in his avatar).

Anyone who has not crossed swords with drivermaker or can't remember IMMSHARMA (his secret aiming system reminds me a great deal of all of the CTE brouhaha) is probably NOT an old-schooler.

P.S. - anyone who does not remember breakup or the breakup/Betmore feud is NOT old school.

Yes, BUT... do you remember Joeseph Bartalo (RIP) the Misunderstood Weatherboy? (The only guy to actually threaten to kill me over something I posted on RSB :)

Extra credit if you remember were he played pool.

Lou Figueroa