YOUR greatest shot ever.....

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine was not a great shot just luck. Single elimination tournament, 9 ball race to three, eight players left. I win the flip and;
1st rack - 9 on break
2nd rack - 9 on break
3rd rack - ball went in and 9 ball was hanging in corner pocket with 1 ball frozen to it. Tapped 1 ball for match

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Once had a guy that didn’t play pool but loved to gamble!!

Playing 9 ball it First it was $10 a rack then turned into $100 a rack!!! I got him up to $500 a game and cashed him out at $2000 total. Luckiest fish I ever caught 😎

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my very first 3 cushion break shot, that was the greatest shot I ever made
IMG_20220105_075525.jpg

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
We've all seen Tony Chohan's one pocket jump-kick-bank shot and Efren's....well.....Efren's million plus mind boggling shots. But, what is the greatest, most creative, million-to-one shot that YOU'VE come up with and pulled off flawlessly? Luck doesn't count. You have to have planned the outcome and pulled it off. I genuinely have no clue how to post photos or diagrams or sketches of such things so someone will have to explain how to do that. But....it would be an interesting conversation I think. Would be interesting to diagram the layout, then see if people can figure out what YOU did that should be included in the greatest shots of all time archives.
One of the best shots I've made in an actual match situation is demonstrated at the beginning of this video (which includes many other interesting shots I've done in videos over the years):

eastcoast_chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hill-Hill at the BCA Nationals in Vegas. Opponent "locked" me up, when he had a partial chance to run out. Left me with this 6' jump shot on a 7' Diamond. Nailed it and got dead perfect shape on the 8 ball. Opponent swiped the table after saying nice shot. :)

1641393256591.png

OneHandedBreak

No handed breaks too
Not a single shot, but two very similar shots in the same game. Game ~76 of a race to 50 with my roomie during spring of 2020:

The second shot required left English to get behind the 8 enough for the proper angle.

Attachments

• kick-combo-1.jpg
    kick-combo-1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 38
  • kick-combo-2.jpg
    kick-combo-2.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 38

RakRunr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing in the final game of an 8-ball tournament. I'm stripes, and my opponent plays safe. I jumped the 8-ball and made the 10, only to hook myself behind the 8-ball again:
b1941.png

So, naturally, I jump again, make the 13-ball, and get perfect position on the 8-ball for the win!

Side note: I like the ChalkySticks Pad tool, but I can't find help or a guide, and I can't figure out how to delete/move/edit existing items. All I can do is Clear and start over. Anyone know a shortcut or help tool?

Last edited:

RingKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now I have made more complicated shots but the shot I will always remember as my best was....

I was new to town and had hung out at the local poolhall a couple times. I was slowly reintroducing one pocket to the regulars.

I ended up making a game with a legendary player who the poolhall happened to be named after. We were playing even for $100 a game.

We are tied 7 a piece and playing safe on the last. I remember not having any shot toward my hole for at least 5 innings. Then my opponent left me this shot.

Screenshot_20220105-110950_Billard Aiming Calculator Pro.jpg

Cue is white object yellow. My pocket is upper left.

As I approached the table I just knew like a 6th sense i couldn't miss the shot. This rarely happens but if this has happened to you where you know you can't miss then you know the feeling I'm talking about.

I looked at my opponent smiled and said...oh you just sold out...I lined up the shot as just before sending the cueball down table looked at my opponent then hit the shot blind.

The result...I ginned it....perfect slow motion pocket speed the game ball dropped. My opponent unscrewed his cue. That was my first and basically my last game with him.
Screenshot_20220105-110101_Billard Aiming Calculator Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now I have made more complicated shots but the shot I will always remember as my best was....

I was new to town and had hung out at the local poolhall a couple times. I was slowly reintroducing one pocket to the regulars.

I ended up making a game with a legendary player who the poolhall happened to be named after. We were playing even for $100 a game.

We are tied 7 a piece and playing safe on the last. I remember not having any shot toward my hole for at least 5 innings. Then my opponent left me this shot.

View attachment 622950
Cue is white object yellow. My pocket is upper left.

As I approached the table I just knew like a 6th sense i couldn't miss the shot. This rarely happens but if this has happened to you where you know you can't miss then you know the feeling I'm talking about.

I looked at my opponent smiled and said...oh you just sold out...I lined up the shot as just before sending the cueball down table looked at my opponent then hit the shot blind.

The result...I ginned it....perfect slow motion pocket speed the game ball dropped. My opponent unscrewed his cue. That was my first and basically my last game with him.View attachment 622959
Come on. No 'legendary player' is scared of that shot or about playing a second game.

RingKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on. No 'legendary player' is scared of that shot or about playing a second game.
I'm a good C player but play one pocket like a B. I tried to enter a memorial tourney a couple weeks after this as a C player and the above legendary player went to the Tourney Director told him I was a AA. It took a couple years and many thousands of lost $ to convince the guy I wasn't a hustler.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not my greatest shot ever but I had a fun little kick/combo a while back during a live stream.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Mines on video. It really isn’t a “difficult shot” but missing it would have probably put me in a psych ward. I made the break shot during a 14.1 practice session and was left with a cross side bank for shot 100. It was my first 100 ball run.

Time stamp is 35:28.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
My greatest shot ever was on a 6x12 snooker table. There was one red left on the table and I was blocked by the blue.

The red was just past the side pocket about a quarter inch from the rail. I was about 4 feet away behind the blue.

I called it in the corner and masse'd around the blue and cut it up the real into the corner.

Jaden

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was playing 9-ball with a friend on a Gold Crown. I end up with the 7 in the side, and he says "hmmm, I bet I know what shot you shoot next". Feeling good and loose, I quickly figured the path to get the cue ball between the 8 & 9 and pulled it off!! Low right to keep the CB from hitting the rail until closer to the corner pocket and right english to speed it up around the table. The exact placement may not be correct. I do remember that draw was needed.

The result.
Screenshot 2022-01-05 201245.jpg

Last edited:

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing a 5 man cheap ring game after league. Money on 5&9. I already made both which is why they are spotted.
The 3 is about 1/8" inch off the rail. 7 is on the rail with 4 frozen to it. Fired the 3 in in with high right planning on cueball hitting the 5 and go back to disturb the bad 4/7 combo. Hit it perfect left a cosmo 4/7 from about 2" and ran out.
Funny now I see I could have med the 3 and went 4 rails , around the world , and broke the 4/7 also. Only advantage over what I did is I broke out the 5 also.
received_407650554378541.jpeg

Last edited:

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
🔥🔥 Playing One Pocket. I have the top Right Corner💡💡. I "spun" that Object ball, from the position attached, into my right corner pocket!! 😎😎💪🏾🎱🎱

Attachments

• IMG_20220106_111555069.jpg
    IMG_20220106_111555069.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 44

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This shot came up in 8-ball league for ero. Overran my shape on the 8 and had to get a bit creative. After league I set it up at home just to see if I could do it again, the cueball and 8 were a little closer together when I made it in the match.

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Playing eight ball I was on the eight while my opponent had most of his balls still on the table. I kicked three rails, hit the eight and knocked it in between several of my opponent's balls right into the pocket at high speed. I looked around and said "Any questions?" The best part was that the pretty charming waitress whom I have a crush on was watching and thinks I'm the greatest pool player on the planet.