The Removal Of The Design Your Dream Thread

What do you feel would be the best dispostion of the DYD thread?

• I feel that the DYD thread should be Open With Continued Participation

Votes: 50 38.5%
  • I feel that the DYD thread should be Closed & No Longer Viewable

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • I feel that the DYD thread should be Closed but Still Viewable With No Further Participation

Votes: 48 36.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
You’re right about the cause and effect....but I doubt you initiated it.
....Mike doesn’t sleep too much.

What you did have a first at is you barked at justadub and called him a troll....
....pretty sure that’s the first time one of most sane and civil members has been called that.

pt...sometimes wrong...but don’t bet against it

Your wrong. He barked at me first. "Keyboard Warrior" is the term he used. Trying to troll me. That's why he's a troll. Classic trolling. It didn't work. :thumbup:

Bet against what? Sometimes your wrong? Or maybe your not? Doesn't make any sense. Normally you do. :cool:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Your wrong. He barked at me first. "Keyboard Warrior" is the term he used. Trying to troll me. That's why he's a troll. Classic trolling. It didn't work. :thumbup:

Bet against what? Sometimes your wrong? Or maybe your not? Doesn't make any sense. Normally you do. :cool:

Yeah, I don’t usually chest thump....but I feel I’m a betting favorite on my two statements.
....and over the years, I tend to win more bets than I lose.
....but it’s no big deal.....I probably could’ve stated it better.

pt...wordsmiths r us

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I thought you stated it quite well and deliberate.

Brilliantly befuddled me.

Still trying to unwrap my brain from around it.

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
Actually you're right pt. I was wrong to label just a dub a troll. He isn't, otherwise he would have done a better job. He was acting trollish.

I thought more about what you said.

It means sometimes your wrong and not to bet against it. Don't worry I won't.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow, I was gone a few days and all Hell broke loose. And I missed it, DAMN!
All I've got to say is that "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!"
I've known Billy for too many years and he was a damn good cue maker (I still own several of his cues - thank you cuesblues).

When all this sh-t happened several years back I tried to intercede and get Billy to do the right thing. He offered me several reasons why he couldn't or wouldn't. I told him that his reputation was on the line, to no avail. I think it was a critical error in judgment on his part and I told him so.

I still love his cues, some of the best playing cues ever made. Billy was one of the elite cuemakers and you can never take that away from him. There have been other cuemakers that did much worse (collect money and never deliver the cue among them). I wouldn't put Billy in this category because no money ever changed hands. It was a broken promise which is bad enough. In the end our word is all we have.

Like others on here, it's very old news and way past time to let it go. That doesn't mean to forget about it, just let it go and quit talking about it. There are other more timely issues in the pool world that we can deal with on here imo. ;)

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're right, just the people unlike you, which is the vast majority

Speaking of the "vast majority," it appears from the poll results that currently about 75% of those participating agree with me and would like the thread viewable in one fashion or another.

Lou Figueroa

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've known Billy for too many years and he was a damn good cue maker (I still own several of his cues - thank you cuesblues).

When all this sh-t happened several years back I tried to intercede and get Billy to do the right thing. He offered me several reasons why he couldn't or wouldn't. I told him that his reputation was on the line, to no avail. I think it was a critical error in judgment on his part and I told him so.

I still love his cues, some of the best playing cues ever made. Billy was one of the elite cuemakers and you can never take that away from him. There have been other cuemakers that did much worse (collect money and never deliver the cue among them). I wouldn't put Billy in this category because no money ever changed hands. It was a broken promise which is bad enough. In the end our word is all we have.

Like others on here, it's very old news and way past time to let it go. That doesn't mean to forget about it, just let it go and quit talking about it. There are other more timely issues in the pool world that we can deal with on here imo. ;)

I wonder if some of the complaints are from people who used to buy his cues directly from him and then flip them for an instant profit. I'm not so sure the "free cue" deal was just a way to push back against people who had being taking advantage of him for years.

My suggestion to people who are upset because the man retired is to get over it. When I retired I had 34 years in a place where some of the supervisors were idiots and the boss was upset I was retiring. I told him he had 34 years to prepare for my retirement. I retired the first day I was eligible in part to get away from the idiots.

Bill Stroud retired. Anybody who wanted one of his cues had plenty of time to get one. I doubt he will come out of retirement because of a thread on this website nor am I aware of any law which says a cue maker has to get approval from azbilliards before he can retire. Therefore I voted to close the thread but for those who want to look silly by continuing to complain about Bill Stroud retiring then go ahead.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member

Tap tap tap.

And, tap tap tap.

And, amen.

Michael <----------- hasn't said a word but holy S**T, it's been difficult.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member

Well said Jay.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
What a crock of shit...

I wonder if some of the complaints are from people who used to buy his cues directly from him and then flip them for an instant profit. I'm not so sure the "free cue" deal was just a way to push back against people who had being taking advantage of him for years.

My suggestion to people who are upset because the man retired is to get over it. When I retired I had 34 years in a place where some of the supervisors were idiots and the boss was upset I was retiring. I told him he had 34 years to prepare for my retirement. I retired the first day I was eligible in part to get away from the idiots.

Bill Stroud retired. Anybody who wanted one of his cues had plenty of time to get one. I doubt he will come out of retirement because of a thread on this website nor am I aware of any law which says a cue maker has to get approval from azbilliards before he can retire. Therefore I voted to close the thread but for those who want to look silly by continuing to complain about Bill Stroud retiring then go ahead.

No one's upset about the man retiring. Another one of this girlfriends trying to reverse shit around.

All this whole fiasco goes to show is that a lifetime of excellent cuemaking can all go to shit over one dishonorable decision.

His legacy is shit because he's not a man of his word. He proves it with every additional post.

The more that people like you continue to try and reverse shit and defend the indefensible, the more I'll continue to not let it go.

As an aside so there's no misunderstanding, I have never owned or bought one of his cues. Although I was close to trading for one once. I just defend what's right and call out what's wrong
Jaden

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How else can you explain why someone with only 300 posts could stop an 8 year thread? It's obvious the mods were okay with the thread until now. It's only my comments that made it happen.

The only reason why it didn't happen earlier is because I wasn't a member then. It took me to do this. The rest of you wouldn't do it or couldn't do it for whatever reasons. I'm sorry I took your fun from you. Oh wait, I'm not. :thumbup:

Dude...what fukcin planet have you plopped your self important tail on?

We been way deeper in the shit than the stroud turd.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
You’re right about the cause and effect....but I doubt you initiated it.
....Mike doesn’t sleep too much.

What you did have a first at is you barked at justadub and called him a troll....
....pretty sure that’s the first time one of most sane and civil members has been called that.

pt...sometimes wrong...but don’t bet against it

Thanks, PT. You are very often a voice of reason here, so that's quite a compliment.

I used to have more time and more patience for forum games. Ah well...c'est la vie

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
Thanks, PT. You are very often a voice of reason here, so that's quite a compliment.

I used to have more time and more patience for forum games. Ah well...c'est la vie

He said he was wrong and to not bet against it.

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
I was wrong when I said I would turn it into a shame thread. You guys already did that. I'll just continue it to include you guys. That's what I meant.

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you want to be remembered?

No one's upset about the man retiring. Another one of this girlfriends trying to reverse shit around.

All this whole fiasco goes to show is that a lifetime of excellent cuemaking can all go to shit over one dishonorable decision.

His legacy is shit because he's not a man of his word. He proves it with every additional post.

In simple terms...

Make great cues all your life. But, you f*ck one goat and everyone will remember you as a goat-f*cker :eek:

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
I really don't care about the opinions of some select few who think that somehow their view means more than someone who just joined. My opinion means as much or more than yours. Ask yourself who controls this thread. Is it you? No. Not really. I do. Everyone is waiting for my response. They want the drama to continue. I control the narrative. Not Mr Chicken. It's me. That's what I decided to do. I took it on. I don't care about your opinion. Just wait. It will only get better.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really don't care about the opinions of some select few who think that somehow their view means more than someone who just joined. My opinion means as much or more than yours. Ask yourself who controls this thread. Is it you? No. Not really. I do. Everyone is waiting for my response. They want the drama to continue. I control the narrative. Not Mr Chicken. It's me. That's what I decided to do. I took it on. I don't care about your opinion. Just wait. It will only get better.

You have a goddamned screw loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.