Mark Griffin called today

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Yes...you're probably right, cleary!

I mean, there is just no way that people will go into a pool room if trashy music is not allowed to be played, and if they are not allowed to shout cuss words.

How would it even be possible for people to enjoy such a place, much less expect to spend any money in there, if they are not allowed to cuss loudly and play trashy, adolescent noise?

In fact...you can rest assured that no normal pool player would even consider going into a place like that, if those things are not front and center.

And...we could also rely on the fact that we could keep the reputation that took so many years to build.

I mean, after all...cleary, you wouldn't play pool on any kind of a regular basis, at a place like that, if you weren't allowed to cuss loudly or play trashy, childish noise on the jukebox, right?

...and if Mark has really flipped out, he probably won't even allow men to go into women's restrooms.

Besides the fact that you're probably the most boring person on earth, I'm guessing you're probably a pretty terrible businessman as well. We're talking about Las Vegas. Not far from the strip... in the same complex as a "spa" that doesn't let you leave without a smile. So yea... you'll probably make a lot of money with soft jazz on the radio and a dress code requiring a sports jacket.

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Huzzah!

Invited me to come to Vegas,he bought a pool room in Las Vegas on Decatur

i forgot the name,but it is nice enough to take your wife,clean including the rest rooms.features a 12 foot Golf Table,a nice menu and
shouting profanities will get you removed

this will probably be the best room in Vegas,Mark is an A number 1 Guy,since he is part owner of Diamond pool tables you know what to expect

If I were still playing I would like to see his place,it promises to be a great place for action.He encourages action but won't put up with nonsense.

Best wishes to Mark
I am glad to see his new lungs are making him healthy

dean
Congratulations Mark!
Game on!
:thumbup:

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
new Pool Room in Vegas

Just a short update on what is going on......

The floor plan has not been finalized. There will be approximately 16@7' tables + 8 @9' + 6 x 12 golf table. All Diamond ProAm tables. They will have good lighting.

The building has been gutted to the walls.
The windows will be paneled off - no glare EVER.
The air conditioning system has been worked over and is better than ever.

This will not be your 'regular pool room' - this place will make a statement. It is designed towards women. The kitchen is now 4 times the size and the food will be great.

My standards will demand the place be spotless at all times.
The bathrooms will be among the nicest in city - the (glass) wall tile is to die for!

This is a work in progress. I'm always open for intelligent suggestions. I have a plan, (an image in my head), of what a pool room should be. I can't find one so I'm going to build a place I can be proud of.

And yes, we will have a lot of tournaments and leagues - but this is 8,000 square feet; we can do a lot of things. I can't wait for it to be completed so everyone can share in my concept. I promise you it will be one of the nicest rooms you have ever seen.

Mark Griffin

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The floor plan has not been finalized. There will be approximately 16@7' tables + 8 @9' + 6 x 12 golf table. All Diamond ProAm tables. They will have good lighting.

This will not be your 'regular pool room' - this place will make a statement. It is designed towards women. The kitchen is now 4 times the size and the food will be great.

The bathrooms will be among the nicest in city - the (glass) wall tile is to die for!

This is a work in progress. I'm always open for intelligent suggestions. I have a plan, (an image in my head), of what a pool room should be. I can't find one so I'm going to build a place I can be proud of.

And yes, we will have a lot of tournaments and leagues - but this is 8,000 square feet; we can do a lot of things. I can't wait for it to be completed so everyone can share in my concept. I promise you it will be one of the nicest rooms you have ever seen.

Mark Griffin

Thank you, Mark! Really sounds GREAT !!!!

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Mark,
I'm glad you are getting this done. While the times I go to Vegas, pool is the last thing on my mind, there are locals who need a place to play.

One question. I don't remember the specifics, but didn't Max have a room, or was a house pro at a place that was higher end with Italian food, etc.

Mark Griffin

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark,
I'm glad you are getting this done. While the times I go to Vegas, pool is the last thing on my mind, there are locals who need a place to play.

One question. I don't remember the specifics, but didn't Max have a room, or was a house pro at a place that was higher end with Italian food, etc.

He was a house pro at 'Best Billiards' -- unfortunately no longer in business :(

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member

Mark Griffin
Congratulations on the room and very happy that Pool Sharks will live on better then it ever was. I am sure it will be a top notch place and will stop in when it is complete to play you some one pocket. What name will the room be given? Will it be a non smoking room? Maybe some tables and chairs outside in the front might be a good place for smokers to relax.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mark does everything first class and i am glad to hear his plans

i would like to play with mark,but i heard that he could actually play a little

in all sincerity,i believe mark is the future of pool and if and when tournaments
amount to something good for everyone,it will take someone who can unite the league playersbase,and the tournament players more active participation

i applaud his continued involvement in the pool world,and am glad to see nothing but sincere
positive responses to any endeavor with the name of Mark Griffin

other than the fact that his pockets will be too tight for a senior citizen,i like everything i hear.
oh yes,there was some talk about food that is good for you and no talk about chicken fried steak

other than these two oversights,i can endorse the project without reservation
and these two scruples could be resolved with a little cash remuneration my way

Last edited:

stevelomako

Cash. I uses cash beech.
Silver Member
Sweet Mark!

Hopefully you'll take it easy as you go and don't sweat the small stuff...or the big stuff either, have fun doing it and don't let anyone/anything stress you out along the way.

Maybe a dedicated spot and cameras for streaming. Don't need a booth anywhere near them and if you run all the cables and wiring now, it would be sooo much easier for Justin to do the work. Lol

Just relax and enjoy life, hell, grow a ponytail or something.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
cracked my shaft...

Glen those tables that were in pool sharks could use some love. Diamond in the pit is about the only one that played good.

I split my shaft about 5 inches back from the tip on both sides, but not all the way through, breaking on that table.

Jaden

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Mark, first let me wish you the best with this new project. :thumbup:

I'm curious to know about the plans for spectator seating, particularly around the 9' tables. I'm just thinking this could make a great venue for getting some quality pro events staged without the expense associated with moving and installing tables as well as paying venue rent and all the myriad other expenses associated with hotel staging, like one-off insurance policies etc.. 8 tables could provide a nice basis for professional tournaments if there is quality spectator viewing. ;) Will there be any permanent bleachers or plans for seating to be installed for events?

Oh, and how's the parking, lol?

Last edited:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Mark Griffin

Sounds great. If you could squeeze in a carom table you would make a lot of folks happy.:yeah:

Good luck - hoping for a resounding success.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
mark told me while back he was gonna send me some cloth, balls and such for the school program...about i guess couple to 3 months nothing yet....

he had the surgey though...sweet its perfecto! so i aint worried aobut that....the equipment lol....schools out in two weeks marks healthy...i got all summer...dis kid aint wurried lol

some of you know i'm one bad mamma jamma when it comes to cooking......

i got marks number...i could call him....

but some of you said its gonna be nice place.....you know where some chit bag ass hat popping off a the mouth can hit the door...and you can find a fine gorgeous talbe...and...hopefully a great plate of food.

i'd love to give mark...and his business...an original dish.....

i need what the places is gonna be like....i'm sure theres draft art....

ill throw him a gold nugget on ze house.....because....neils my dad.

seriously though,
Greyghost

ps...if im talking out my ass and someone thinks i'm playing....ask joey grey, chip compton, jason klatt, and scott lee if i'm making a joke. dont ask shane winters...i waved my magic crab grass and turned him into a crawfish, he saw but didn't get no eats lol

a "basic" which is completely a joking lie....a creamed grits and shrimp on heirloom tomatoes....cilantro garnish....just a "teaser" i invented for princess joey grey lol.

hey joe....i know its early and 9 am....but you want to try this brother, you hungry? half awake...to what the....uh YES....jesus..what the hell is this...its aweome...who are you again? lol.....my boy!

-Greyghost

Attachments

• DSCF0050 (2).jpg
    DSCF0050 (2).jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
joeys really a prince....chips a princess....my old pals....

they agree too.....lol

if joey ever gets married...and i ever hear his wife complain that he dont clean dishes.....i'm gonna give her cooking lessons....and show her a video of the other grey, and pool playing johnny bravo short hair dont care chip "the princess" compton.....in HD....cleaning my dishes....because.....

reasons....

PHA! luv dem boyz...glad to call them friends for so long. great road team. beautiful "little" monstrous creatures they are!!!!

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mark griffin

Keebie,
Please check your email. We sent that stuff on March 18. I sent you the signed receipt.

You had me worried for a minute....

Mark Griffin

mark told me while back he was gonna send me some cloth, balls and such for the school program...about i guess couple to 3 months nothing yet....

he had the surgey though...sweet its perfecto! so i aint worried aobut that....the equipment lol....schools out in two weeks marks healthy...i got all summer...dis kid aint wurried lol

some of you know i'm one bad mamma jamma when it comes to cooking......

i got marks number...i could call him....

but some of you said its gonna be nice place.....you know where some chit bag ass hat popping off a the mouth can hit the door...and you can find a fine gorgeous talbe...and...hopefully a great plate of food.

i'd love to give mark...and his business...an original dish.....

i need what the places is gonna be like....i'm sure theres draft art....

ill throw him a gold nugget on ze house.....because....neils my dad.

seriously though,
Greyghost