Scott Frost bitten by black widow

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fast Lenny said:
I just got back from the hospital,brought Scott some pizza and ice cream,he was happy to eat something good.He is doing much better and is in good spirits and should be out later today.He was disappointed about not being able to play in the Reno tourney but is looking forward to hitting some balls and getting ready for the next tournament. :smile:

Thanks for the update Lenny. Glad to hear the upside on this.

Hope all is well with you also.

td

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
grindz said:
Thanks for the update Lenny. Glad to hear the upside on this.

Hope all is well with you also.

td
I expected him to be in worse shape but with how good hospitals are these days and modern medicine he will be just fine,he just wants to get out of there,he says "All I hear all day is beep-beep-beep,code 38,beep-beep-beep..." ,lol.As for me I am doing great,just looking to get on the table with you again,let me know when your available and can make it to Kolbys. :smile:

9BallPaul

Banned
Surprise

Opened this thread for the first time this morning expecting to read how Jeanette Lee had taken down Scott Frost -- which would be quite a story.

Glad to know Scott's doing better. For revenge, I suggest he book some action with Jeanette!

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lol

9BallPaul said:
Opened this thread for the first time this morning expecting to read how Jeanette Lee had taken down Scott Frost -- which would be quite a story.

Glad to know Scott's doing better. For revenge, I suggest he book some action with Jeanette!

Or maybe he could just buy her in an auction and then heckle her! LOL

Lenny posted that Scott is gonna be fine, just suffering the hospital food! There's a shocker. This is great news. Thanks Lenny!

Ray
(here ya go MBTaylor) I'll bump this up just for you.lol

Last edited:

Travis Bickle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to hear the good news. I was fearing the worst, that it could be a superbug that was caught on the late side. Well, hope he just takes all those nasty drugs and gets out of that bug-infested hospital as soon as possible.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Thanks

It had been a while, and 82 spider classes later we get the good news! ;)

Thanks Mike and Lenny. Nice gesture Lenny bringing him some perfect comfort food!

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
ELBeau said:
(I was totally thinking this had something to do with Jeanette Lee)

You are totally not alone in that. I would have to think every single person clicking onto this thread thought he had lost a gambling session to Jeannette.

Scott is one of the cooler guys I have met in the pool scene, sucks to hear this. He should be ok though, black widow bites suck but they are rarely fatal to healthy adults.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:
Not sure if anyone has posted a current update but I spoke to Scott tonight. Said he is doing better. The anti-biotics are making him sick and he was to take more tonight. The doc keeps reopening the wound to try to keep it clean and all the crap out of it. He hopes to maybe be able to go home tomorrow. Says either way, he feels like crap.

Mike

Honestly Mike what Scott is experiencing with the Anti Biotic is what some would call normal, and Debrieding the Wound is also part of the process of strong the spreading of infection. I expect Scott will have a very long recovery before he is 100%.

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:
Not sure if anyone has posted a current update but I spoke to Scott tonight. Said he is doing better. The anti-biotics are making him sick and he was to take more tonight. The doc keeps reopening the wound to try to keep it clean and all the crap out of it. He hopes to maybe be able to go home tomorrow. Says either way, he feels like crap.

Mike

Thanks for the update Mike. Scott can be hard to get a hold of when he is well, so no doubt it took some effort to fill us all in.

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone with the updates. Scott, you've been in a lot of prayers this week and glad to hear your doing better.

A friend of mine in Texas had the same infection years ago and was in the hospital most of 3 months. It sounds like yours was caught earlier.

By the way, thanks Wilson or Mike for moving this thread back to the main area.

tusmadpark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get well soon Scott. you are in our prays. 2 years ago my kid had MRSA, rushed in the OR to have it cut out. All was fine with him, but it is very serious.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Mike and Lenny, thx for the update. I hope he gets back to normal soon. I don't know much about MRSA but crap he has sounds freakin horrible.

firehawk062

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have the Black Widow and Brown Recluse here in Valdosta, GA. which sucks for me because spiders are easily my biggest phobia. Yet I have a strange curiosity to learn about them and watch shows that make me curl up in a ball on the sofa! I know some people have already posted some spider info but I will tell you what I know. The Brown Recluse is a hunter and travels around. It does not build a web. They will find a nice cool place to hide like clothes that are hanging in a closet, or like someone else said, in bed sheets that maybe don't get used too much. These scare me the most because I have seen many photos of what can happen due to their bite. I had some pics I was gonna post but I can't find them anymore. Probly a good thing.
I used to have a Black Widow in a jar--- :eek: yeah I know it's a weird thing for an arachnaphobe to do! I would catch bugs and drop them in there. She was scary fast at tracking down things in her web. It was like my own little personal "discovery show". Then one day I found an eggsack in the jar......had to break out the bug spray. I forgot to take into consideration that there wasn't a male in there to fertilize the eggsack. I was NOT taking any chances though!
The Daddy Longlegs does have the most potent venom and they CAN bite you if given the perfect opportunity, (obviously small mouth) you would have to let one hang out on you for a long time. The problem is that they cannot inject enough of their venom in their tiny bite.
Sorry if I bored anyone!!
Hope Scott gets better!

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
firehawk062 said:
................................ The Brown Recluse is a hunter and travels around. It does not build a web. They will find a nice cool place to hide like clothes that are hanging in a closet, or like someone else said, in bed sheets that maybe don't get used too much. ........................................................................!

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Are you tryin' to FREAK us all out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

td

firehawk062

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
grindz said:
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Are you tryin' to FREAK us all out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

td

:grin: Sorry! Hey you don't think it freaks me out?! I will run from a spider the size of a pencil point!

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
firehawk062 said:
:grin: Sorry! Hey you don't think it freaks me out?! I will run from a spider the size of a pencil point!
i was bitten by a brown recluse when i was in kansas and the doctor told me the ones in midwest and the east are more potent than the ones in az idk why exactly something like the ones in az are a cousin and not as strong. mrsa is a staph infection that can turn deadly very quickly if not treated. not so much deadly in men of scotts age so he should be ok now that he is in hospital. there are two forms of mrsa. the kind you get just out and about in normal life and the kind you can get at a hospital. wikipedia has a lot of info on it i believe. my best wishes to scott in a speedy and full recovery http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methicillin-resistant_Staphylococcus_aureus

Last edited:

akaMe

Alicia
Holy crap Scott! I told JJ about this posting and we both send our best. Let us know how you are doing when you get a chance. From the postings, it sounds like you are getting better everyday. Glad to hear it!

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wayne said:
A good friend of Scott Frost's just told me that Scott was bitten by a black widow. He is under emergency care and had a seizure last night. He has a MRSA infection in the leg and apparently it could be a life threatening condition and may require surgery.

The friend of Scott's said he just talked to him on the phone and got this information from him. This is all I know.

I can fully relate to this.
Back on December 4th I woke up with a big sore on my little toe. The next day it was really ugly and I went to the doctor. They said it could be a spider bite or some type of infection. They cleaned it up and put me on anti-biotics and a week later it was gone.
At Christmas time, the wife and I went home to Arkansas and the dam thing festerd again, and we went straight to the doctor again. I have to be careful since I'm diabetic. The doctor repeated the routine and in 4 days it looked as if it were over. On Jan 12th bang, back again and this time my foot was twice it's size and the same with my calf muscles. This time they sent me straight to the hospitol and this time it was 4 days of antibiotics and on the 17th they ordered surgery and the last thing they said was that they were going to do everything in their power to save my foot. I near S*** mtself.
All they got was my little toe, but, I'm still on crutches and so thankful that it is all I lost. Life has looked differently to me every since this happened.
I wish Scott all the best and know just how scary this can be. Good luck.