American Billiard Radio's Dave Bond - RIP

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This doesn't seem possible. I think David was in his forties. He had a great passion for the game and was always looking for ways to make it better. A tremendous loss.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Shocking, terrible news. Thanks for letting us know.
He was a good friend.
For a couple of years, we spoke by phone almost daily, sometimes multiple times.
A golden heart, always wanting to preserve billiard history in all forms.
He worked hard to keep ABR going, he loved it and was great doing it. Gifted...
I just called a very close friend of David's in Tulsa with the news, who is also heartbroken.
David, may you rest in Paradise.

Will Prout

BBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m shocked...

David was a very good friend, we shared many stories and information especially about Rambow...

A great loss to the Billiard community.

My prayers go out to his family.

RIP Mr. Bond

Joe

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. I met him at the Chicago AZB Meetup a few years ago. Great person. I've always enjoyed his posts on here and was impressed by how much he did for our sport and preserving the history of it.

RIP buddy.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have a photo of Dave?
I've only ever had contact with him through here and never met him in person.
I always thought there was time to meet him at an expo or tournament in the future.
Our digital community here is so vast, yet so limited. I appreciate being able to cross paths and experience folks like Dave and yourselves, and it's something that's so easy to be taken for granted.

We were so very fortunate to experience Dave's contributions to the billiards world here.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got this picture from his Facebook page, I hope it's OK to post it. I didn't know him, but I felt like I did from reading his posts and listening to his show. He was one of the good ones, and contributed so much.

picture.php

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just read the news, and I’m stunned beyond belief. I can barely stand. My friend David Bond, owner of American Billiard Radio - the leading Billiard podcast, has passed.

David and I have spoken many times on the future of Billiard media and what we need to do to put American Pool in the eyes of the every day person, and not just the fanatics.

I’m privileged to be one of his guests a couple of times on his show, and simply at a loss for words.

Rest In Peace, Mr. Bond

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
I'm really going to miss David Bond. I am humbled by my own ego which, tells me that I have all the time in the world to keep in touch with my friends; only to have them swiftly removed from this plane.

Fellow friend, comrade, and menace - I am still in shock.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Sad news for sure
I will miss his information about Herman Rambow which is very hard to find.
Rest in peace Mr. Bond

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
What a loss for AZ and the entire billiard community. David was constantly making such valuable contributions via his podcasts, that were in-depth looks at important segments of the billiard world. He truly enjoyed his work and the impact his shows had on all of his listeners.

Like so many others, it is almost incomprehensible to me that he is gone so soon and so abruptly. David has left some big shoes to fill! :angel2: :smiling-heart:

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
This is terrible news.. I always enjoyed reading Mr Bond's posts. He was an asset to this community, and will be sorely missed.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OMG! This is terrible news. David was in his fifties, so this is very unexpected. I loved having Dave broadcast Randyg and I's "One Minute Pool Instructor" tips, that ran for 2 or 3 years on ABR. He will be sorely missed!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terrible news. Mr. Bond was a great contributor to this game and sport. My condolences to his family and friends.