10177344_632816923473564_6213708589040632119_n.jpg

don't forget:

#scottyistheteacher :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

pico369

Registered
Can you be more specific? Who were these open players?

What a lot of people dont understand is that we all know each other. We all play against each other and know each others speeds. So when a random shows up and sneaks in... they're suspect. They're watched... researched. These tournaments are for locals and regulars, this dude was lucky they let him play to begin with. They trusted that he wasn't a monster and turns out, he lied. Oh well...

I respect your opinion and agree with you. He was an open player and should not have been allowed to play. The only possible issue I saw was that the A++ rated players were all once Open level players up until earlier this year. IE. Daniel Dagotdot(not sure if i butchered the spelling) and R DaBreo. I think there was another A++(from newburgh?) who beat the OP the first or second match.

If "open" level players were allowed to play at the A++ rating, then why kick the OP out?

I am not complaining by any means. Just want to know how recently recognized(within a year) Open players are allowed to play in a ABCD tournament.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I respect your opinion and agree with you. He was an open player and should not have been allowed to play. The only possible issue I saw was that the A++ rated players were all once Open level players up until earlier this year. IE. Daniel Dagotdot(not sure if i butchered the spelling) and R DaBreo. I think there was another A++(from newburgh?) who beat the OP the first or second match.

If "open" level players were allowed to play at the A++ rating, then why kick the OP out?

I am not complaining by any means. Just want to know how recently recognized(within a year) Open players are allowed to play in a ABCD tournament.

A++ and Open mean different things. And yes, until the past year on the Predator tour, they didn't really have that but now that they do, they do mean different things. A legit open player is someone who's clearly better than these tournaments and can dominate them. Someone that can easily be mistake as a professional and play like one. Dabreo and Dagodot are not on that level but are better than most A+ players.

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I should have been more clear I guess. I am not the player Danny, I was simply re-posting from his facebook page about what happened and sympathized with the situation.

There were A++ players there and Danny plays at A+ in most tournaments. Most people there knew him and his friends so they let him play and when he starts beating players that are friends with TD and regulars he is deemed too good and kicked out.

Why not kick him out after the first few wins?
The race issue was brought up by people who were there unfortunately and because was not a regular got treated different. How that should have worked is he gets handicapped higher or he plays on and is not allowed to play in any further tournaments.

scttybee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I call bs..you didnt think scotty would post on here,nobody on the planet is going to side with you,they are great guys and your story is as i said bs

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
So I should have been more clear I guess. I am not the player Danny, I was simply re-posting from his facebook page about what happened and sympathized with the situation.

There were A++ players there and Danny plays at A+ in most tournaments. Most people there knew him and his friends so they let him play and when he starts beating players that are friends with TD and regulars he is deemed too good and kicked out.

The race issue was brought up by people who were there unfortunately and because was not a regular got treated different. How that should have worked is he gets handicapped higher or he plays on and is not allowed to play in any further tournaments.

yeah, read post #19. A+ players don't double-dip Klatt 7-2 and 7-1. He's open/pro.

Attachments

• cool1.png
    cool1.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 816
  • cool2.png
    cool2.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 818
Last edited:

fast&loose designs

Chris Santana
Silver Member
I'm not familiar with either party here, but it seems to me that the ultimate fault lies with the tournament director for allowing an above A (or A+++++) player to join. It is the TD's job to make sure that no one above the required handicap is allowed in. Even if the OP KNEW he was over their skill cap (which is a jerk move), it's ultimately the TD's responsibility. I don't think the OP should be thrown under the bus, nor do I think he should be thrown out of the tournament. Once he paid his entry, and the first ball hit, it seems that both he and TD have entered into an agreement that he can play in the event and is eligible to win cash.

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member

Dude, its an ABCD tournament. That means there IS no higher than A.
When Scott found out your boy was an open player( which is higher than A level) he was kicked out. I'm sure he knew he was better than "A" speed, which means most of us are very happy to see him busted.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

"Most people there knew him"????

Are you on drugs?

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I was the TD YOU WOULD OF FORFEITED you tournament fee also!

That's would be your price to pay for lying and disturbing my tournament!

pico369

Registered
Scott Simonetti is not racist, known him for a while.

I highly doubt the OP can play the race card here. We are in Jersey and the tournament is very ethnically diverse plus the TD is a cool guy.

I do agree that you should not be able to kick the player out once you have already accepted the money. He asked debreo to try and verify speed. Dabreo knew of a previous matchup with another player and confirmed before the TD let him in.

The inherent problem lies with allowing anyone over an A+ into the tournament. I understand the A++ is a new rating but it has dubious justification at best, and really opens the door for these types of problems.

Truthfully the whole situation was self inflicted and should be reviewed. These formats at Castle are still new and we understand that the ownership and TD are only trying to promote the room by instilling a very generous payout system)no entry fees taken by house in addition to the possibility of money added).

I participated because I enjoy the atmosphere that the owner continues to graciously provide for players. this tournament has the potential to grow and should considering the traveling tours take out too much for "admin" costs.

Kudos to John Trobiano, his team, and Scott for putting on a great tournament.

-jw