He has decided to share his news :(

Grady

Pro Player
It is with deepest reget that I announce that my father has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. I know how much he is loved in his community, and now that he has decided to share his news...Here is his address at the hospice.
815 Old Cherokee Rd Lexington, SC 29072 Camelia Court 407A
I am sure he would love to read letters from any of his friends and fans.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
At first I wondered how Grady's father could still be with us, until I realized that this is probably his daughter posting on his behalf.

In any case, please offer Grady our condolences.

EDIT: I've owned probably every instructional DVD or VHS ever made, and have long since sold 99% of them. Grady's 1P videos are some of the only ones I've kept over the years. I've known him as a commentator first and foremost, but it appears Grady had a significant impact in many facets of the game.

Last edited:

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is with deepest reget that I announce that my father has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. I know how much he is loved in his community, and now that he has decided to share his news...Here is his address at the hospice.

Oh no,this is just horriable news for the pool community,your father will be a very big part of pool history,the most feared money 1 pocket player ever in his prime time(nobody was better)and dont let him fool you,his 9ball game was high on the list also,if there is a miracle left in this world,i hope it belongs to your dad!GOD BLESS THE GREATEST 1 POCKET PLAYER EVER TO PICK UP A STICK!

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At first I wondered how Grady's father could still be with us....until I realized that this is probably his daughter posting.

Probably helps to clarify that.

In any case, please offer Grady our condolences.

Yes, it is his daughter. This is terrible, my thoughts to Grady and his friends.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
This is very sad news. No matter what happens, you're one of the very few who will live forever. You're a legend. I love ya, Grady.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Grady is a legend; one of the great players, announcers, commentators and personalities of all-time in the billiard world.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Grady and his family. Best wishes,

Chris

Last edited:

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
damn.
love ya grady, thx for teaching me breakshots on the video. Watched you play many hours. Your memory will be with us always
steven

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member

Hi Grady, I hope your receiving these messages. I am glad to have spent a little time with you and will be writing you a letter soon. Very sorry to hear about this, if you have any wishes please let us know.

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you so much Grady, for teaching us so much about this great game, God bless you.

Irock

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Grady our prayers are with you and your family so sorry to here this news :frown:

grady.png

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
dear professor
i had the priveledge to spend time with you and randi
your videos gave info to lesser players at a time when noone would share info
you relentess effort to promote one pocket in particular and pool in general is commended
my hope is the end of your journey would be with no pain and at peace with your self
very happy to have gotten to know you
Larry

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
Grady,

Words fail most of us at times like this, just know that you have thousands of friends and millions of fans -- all have you in their prayers.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad news, but no one gets out of this world alive. Few get to live life on their own terms though but Grady was one of those few, marching to his own drummer. We should all be as lucky. Good luck buddy.

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Grady my prayers are with you and your family and I will always remember the fun i had at your last straight pool and 1 pocket tournament in Columbia a few years ago. I was driving from Charlotte everyday and taking a 3 hour lunch during the weekdays just waiting for the weekend to get there. Johnny Archer's dad and mom came in and sat beside me and he said what in the hell are they playing and I said straight pool and he said I came to watch 9 ball but he was happy when Johnny won the match. May God Bless.--Leonard

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
I have lost 7 family members and friends to cancer. Its not an easy process to deal with. It has been the hardest thing I have ever had to watch. Prayers sent.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
So sorry to hear this news. Grady can rest assured that his place in history will not be forgotten! Not many have done what he has done for pool!

This is so true. Grady is a giant among giants; my favorite commentator, and a legend in the sport. Just mention his name. Anyone who knows *anything* about pool will easily recognize his name and face, nod, and say, "yep, Grady."

Thoughts and warm, calming thoughts are sent your way, my friend,
-Sean