Just A BS Artist

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I'm glad you posted this. I was skeptical at first when you said you got the mailman, fedex, poolboy, housepainter, etc. into races and suckered them out of some cash. NOT because I don't think you can reel someone in, and NOT because I think you can't beat those guys, but just because ... even though pool is popular, it's not THAT popular. People who play regularly are pretty common, but people who play seriously are not. And people who will gamble hundreds on sets are even rarer. I am pretty sure MY mailman won't play me for that money, nor the painter.

So I gotta admit I had a hard time imagining you falling ass-backwards into a SEA OF FISH so to speak =) But I can see you are serious about this and I believe it. You're a very lucky guy.

Don't sweat anything APA7 says. Over the years I have noticed he is more likely to be a complete díckhead than anyone else on the forums. He quickly got his rep tanked as a result of that comment. You already know the guy's a tool just by his nickname... who brags about being a 7 in the APA?! I was too but there are at least 350 gears above my best speed.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're 100% solid in my book...

I don't know who said what but I got a similar response once when I talked about winning hundreds of tournaments and guys were saying if I was so good why didn't I play Johnny (Archer) and Earl some.

And another when I asked what other good players did after a layoff of a few months to get back in stroke and they popped up and said if I didn't know that I must not be that good. wtf. I guess they can't read English because I posted what I did and was wondering if it was similar to what other guys did.

Those haters aren't good and don't have a clue about the style of pool that you, me, Hu and a host of others on here played and made good money at. They don't really understand that you can make money playing pool more by knowing what you can do than by trying to beat any and all comers.

Other than top-tier players, nobody has to like playing us cheap money on a barbox. I know I'm not a world champion, but I know in MOST bars I can beat everyone and in ALL bars I can beat somebody. And I bet accordingly. I know from your stories that you can relate to that pretty well. And I know from having a lot of similar experiences that your stories are about 99% true and 1% bullshit. But the bullshit is there like salt and pepper to add a little zest. That's a pretty good ratio in my book.

There's always a faster gun. I admire the guys like Bartram who put it all out there, but I never had the firepower to do it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: You're aces with me. You're one of the ones on AZB I'd like to sit around over a tasty beverage and some good food and trade stories with.

And if I was your landscaper, pool boy, cable guy or whatever, I think we'd have a pretty good matchup. And have some fun along the way.

Take care and don't let it get you down for even one second.

~rc

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
JohnnyT....are you BSing us once again;)...Nah, i wouldnt let people like that rain on your parade.....they are just wannabes:thumbup:

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
I really shouldn’t let the Johnnyt is a BS artist bother me, but it does a little bit. No I’m not well known like Jay or Freddy the Beard who played just about all comers, and I didn’t want to be. I wasn’t as good as of them either. I have admitted time and time again on here that if I knew a place where top players from the area and tough action was…I avoided it like the Plague. I wasn’t playing pool to bang heads with players I couldn’t or probably couldn’t beat. I was in it purely for the money. Yes I loved the game, loved the hustle, but making money at it always came first for me. If you were seen playing with well-known top money players (even if you lost to them) the easy action would dry up very fast. If that’s a nit in your book, so be it.

I have played many top players over the years like Buddy Hall, Mike S, Allen Hopkins, C M Lee, and many more, both men and women pros. Like I said in many threads on here over the years, I mostly only played them after I made a good score at the dog or horse track. Never out of pool winnings. Pool winnings always got reinvested quickly for something of value or resale value. If any of them want to come forward that would be fine.

I’ve stated on here before that I always reinvested my pool winnings on something of value. I’ve also stated I owned or was partners on a little less than 200 Racing Greyhounds, that ranged in price from $2500 to $26,000 each. I am a partner in ownership still on Dodgem By Design, the second top-producing stud dog in the world. He has brought in over $700,000 in racing winnings and stud fees so far. We paid $24,500 for him at the National Greyhound Auction if I remember right. Most Greyhound players have seen my name (John W. Terrell) in the programs at many Greyhound tracks around the country. I’m sure Charter Kennel, Red Rock Kennel, Marriott Kennel, just to name three out of probably 30 kennels I’ve had dogs with and I’m sure will vouch for me.

Over the years I’ve staked some top players 50/50 and many more both male and female that I just helped with expenses to enter and travel to tournaments, asking for nothing in return. Some are members of AZ, most are not to my knowledge.

I said on here that I did some writing. Go to Amazon.com and other online bookstores and you will find my work. The story “Hustling Under the Radar” is a true story, the rest are mostly fiction.

As far as anything mob related that I said on here…forget about it, I’m not going there. Johnnyt

JohnnyT,

Although I don't always agree with you or some of the things you have done in the past, you are an extremely good story teller. If you say it is true, that is good enough for me as I have no reason not to believe you.

Don't worry about the people that don't believe, they are not worth it. Keep the stories rolling... I think everyone appreciates them.

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you're a good poster !

I enjoy your post for whatever that's worth...U seem to keep it real !

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
JohnnyT, I've always enjoyed your posts, please keep them coming.:thumbup:

Your road stories are awesome, I couldn't imagine the things you've gone through that you CAN"T post here...PM me sometime.

That goes double for me!!
Kudos for the run,too, by the way!

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Eh shake it off Johnny. I've been called the same on here when I said I ran a ten pack of 9ball years ago before I quit playing. I just as you know what you accomplished is true so it shouldn't matter, but it does hit a nerve to be called a BSer.

real irish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt-- You don't have to apologize to anyone . Woofin is not against the law . You play who you feel like playing and let the balls fall where they may !!!

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny,

I too played pool for the money. I enjoyed the game but I enjoyed making money at it more. Although I played a few top players it was because they came to me, I didn't go looking for them. Early in my gambling days I made the mistake of getting into tough action at Greenway. It was all the buzz every time I visited my usual haunts up and down Plank and Airline for a few weeks and action was thinner than thin. There was always somebody that had been at Greenway or heard about it to clue in their buddies. I had to go to the far reaches of my usual 50-75 mile radius to find a game. I took the lesson to heart and never showed any speed at Greenway again!

I don't have anything to prove to anyone. If I am in the mood to talk on here I do. Folks can believe or disbelieve, no skin off of my bottom. I advise taking the same attitude yourself. There will always be scoffers.

Hu

I never felt I had anything to prove to anyone else at all. Hell, I was too busy beating myself up.

I'm now 57 years old and still haven't figured out if I played for the money or just because I loved it so much. I have to admitt though, playing for nothing si about like kissing your sister. It ain't so bad, it just ain't the real thing.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Some of both . . .

I never felt I had anything to prove to anyone else at all. Hell, I was too busy beating myself up.

I'm now 57 years old and still haven't figured out if I played for the money or just because I loved it so much. I have to admitt though, playing for nothing si about like kissing your sister. It ain't so bad, it just ain't the real thing.

The truth is I played for both money and love of the game. Danny Medina and I battled for hours at three dollars a game in the mid-eighties. That was the starting bet in a bar and neither of us felt like raising it after we saw the game we had gotten ourselves into.:D We still banged heads for hours because we both enjoyed the struggle. At fifty cents a game I think the bar owner made more money than either of us that evening. I have never had more fun playing pool though.

Hu

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
Johnny, I always like your posts....you have a good way about you, tell good stories, and never seem to attack anyone.....there are about 10 people on here that continuously like to stir the pot, and a few of them are nothing more than trolls....just ignore them like the rest of us do....I know that is easier said than done when you happen to be the target :D

Knight-of-Pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep the posting coming JohnnyT your stories are great. Some ppl have to be nasty to others to make themself feel big. Don't let there BS post get to you , you know it was not BS you have the cash in your pocket .

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Like a whisper in the wind....

Psst...tonight APA7 sleeps with the fishes!!!

Don't sweat that "talker's" comments JohnnyT. He's not even in your class sir!

:thumbup:

Last edited:

avmaster

Man of Reason
Gold Member
Silver Member
Keep up on the good fight JT, I appreciate your storys......

avmaster a lurker on the main forum.........

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
Mister "T" by me

Johnny T is one of a select few, good pool writers. I happen to like him very much. I especially appreciate him for agreeing that he probably couldnt beat me, but I aint so sure he couldnt give my pal Jay a ball or two. If Jay happens to read this I will deny it as easily as Nancy Pelosi denied ever hearing about waterboarding. Are you gonna believe me or your lying ears and eyes?

the Beard

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Johnny T is one of a select few, good pool writers. I happen to like him very much. I especially appreciate him for agreeing that he probably couldnt beat me, but I aint so sure he couldnt give my pal Jay a ball or two. If Jay happens to read this I will deny it as easily as Nancy Pelosi denied ever hearing about waterboarding. Are you gonna believe me or your lying ears and eyes?

the Beard

Thank you Freddy, but you could give me the 7 & out in the writing department. Johnnyt