Just stumbled on this youtube clip.. what'd JS and larry nevel do?

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
forget 14.1 like 3 people play that game.
now let them play banks 10 and one pocket.
who do you like now.

Banks is mainstream but 14.1 is a practice game? Mocsoni, Crane, Lassiter, Caras and a lot of others just rolled over.

How about lawn darts, horseshoes and frisbee golf? Who do you like there?

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no disrespect ti johns game.
i would like to see this match.

I don't like to speak for anybody else but I'd be shocked to hear if John agreed to any kind of bank game...it's the 1 part of his own game that he is most critical of...He could bank 5 or 6 in a row & still say they were lucky to go in..lol

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
I don't like to speak for anybody else but I'd be shocked to hear if John agreed to any kind of bank game...it's the 1 part of his own game that he is most critical of...He could bank 5 or 6 in a row & still say they were lucky to go in..lol

troy i think your right.
but who plays 14.1 not many.
i only know a few people and they dont gamble.
there might be 3 or 4 in the usa.

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
troy i think your right.
but who plays 14.1 not many.
i only know a few people and they dont gamble.
there might be 3 or 4 in the usa.

True that Chris...maybe they will find a happy medium & get in the grease...I think it would be a great match also.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So would Efren.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish Bob Jewett could see this thread. Nobody plays straight pool anymore. Schmidt, Archer, Harriman, Immonen, Deuel, Feijen, Hohmann, Bustamante...just a bunch of bangers who don't gamble.

I understand what you're saying though, it isn't a skill game like speed pool or trick shots.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
I wish Bob Jewett could see this thread. Nobody plays straight pool anymore. Schmidt, Archer, Harriman, Immonen, Deuel, Feijen, Hohmann, Bustamante...just a bunch of bangers who don't gamble.

I understand what you're saying though, it isn't a skill game like speed pool or trick shots.

it is a skill game.
but outside of a few guys they dont gamble playing this game.
i know i have been around the whole usa.

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

chris i think the reason nobody gambles at it is because the best player will always win. you cant luck balls in .

i understand the 14.1 is to hard for a guy your speed but trust me i can find many that would play you some 14.1 for big money.

and yes i will play larry 14.1,10bnall and one hole.

have a nice day

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

it is a skill game.
but outside of a few guys they dont gamble playing this game.
i know i have been around the whole usa.
since only 3 play it for money.
heres a list off the top of my head that would swim through buzzard vomit to play you 14.1 for big money.

schmidt,harriman,robles,garcia,sigel,hopkins,varner,archer,hatch,maidoff,barouty,
hunter,.theres probably another 10 but you get my point.

just because your not talented enough to play world class 14.1 dont knock those who can.

if you got a problem with that then ill play you the only game on a pooltable with enough luck involved for you to maybe win.9ball. say 20 ahead for 20 dimes.

another thing chris you talk alot of shit about me in other threads and how 14.1 is a practice game and nobody gambles at it.
you talk real brave about playing people ,but just once why dont you woof without starting with ill take the 9playing 10ball or ill take 9-7 playing 1hole etc.

maybe you and i could play 50 ahead for 50 thousand tenball even.

after i rob you i will give you a free 14.1 lesson so maybe you can beat somebody even instead of running your toilet all the time how 14.1 is a joke.

good luck with rodney ,your playing even right .............not lol.

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
heres a list off the top of my head that would swim through buzzard vomit to play you 14.1 for big money.

schmidt,harriman,robles,garcia,sigel,hopkins,varner,archer,hatch,maidoff,barouty,

just because your not talented enough to play world class 14.1 dont knock those who can.

if you got a problem with that then ill play you the only game on a pooltable with enough luck involved for you to maybe win.9ball. say 20 ahead for 20 dimes.

another thing chris you talk alot of shit about me in other threads and how 14.1 is a practice game and nobody gambles at it.
you talk real brave about playing people ,but just once why dont you woof without starting with ill take the 9playing 10ball or ill take 9-7 playing 1hole etc.

after i rob you i will give you a free 14.1 lesson so maybe you can beat somebody even instead of running your toilet all the time how 14.1 is a joke.

I am not the president of the John Schmidt fan club. I am a member of the Chris Bartrum fan club. With that being said, I really like and respect the fact that whatever John thinks, he says without pulling any punches. Usually straight to the the point without a lot of b.s. And, on top of that, he will back it up with some action. Maybe I'm coming around to the dark side.:)

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chris i think the reason nobody gambles at it is because the best player will always win. you cant luck balls in .

i understand the 14.1 is to hard for a guy your speed but trust me i can find many that would play you some 14.1 for big money.

have a nice day

That's the truth John, the best player wins in 14.1
I always prefer to gamble at 14.1 as opposed to 9 ball/10 ball. I know if I lose the match it's no one's fault but mine.

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing like a good grudge match !!!!

What u say fella's ? lets settle it on the green felt battlefield.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member

That there is a verbal beatdown like few I have ever seen on this forum. Not going to talk your way up from that Cris. Your going to need your cue and a set enough to take the offered action to come out of this one with your rep and ego intact.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good going John. I think you just silenced the woofing down a bit on this thread.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member

THE only game on the pool table with enough luck that i can win 9 ball?
ok here you have it ill play you banks even no spot.
and yes ill play you 10 ball on the bar table even so since i cant beat you at any game on the pool table pick one of those.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member

have a nice day

remember you said i could have a week to run 100 balls.
well i will try it.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
That there is a verbal beatdown like few I have ever seen on this forum. Not going to talk your way up from that Cris. Your going to need your cue and a set enough to take the offered action to come out of this one with your rep and ego intact.

not worried about my ego.
john is a better player than me.
so know i should play him even?
dont think so.
but i will play him banks even.