Match for Half a Million $ to start today at at 6PM Las Vegas time

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One pocket game between Dippy and Scott.They have been duking out for more than a week.Rumor has it that so far Dippy lost 200,000 $ playing one pocket with a spot of 18-4. I don`t know the facts/truth.I don`t know what the spot will be for today`s match for Half a Million $. I am not details oriented guy when it comes to pool matches. I recommend that you call your friends and find out the details.I will go there to the venue to watch for few minutes before I go to a party in Bellagio.:cool:

Dippy going off

Dippy going off!!!

I feel bad when I lose over $500-1000. Holy $hit, that's alot of cash.

Why would he go off for that kind of money when he could never hope to win that much from his opponent? That's the biggest mistake in gambling on pool, letting yourself lose more than the opponent even has.

I ask everyone before gambling, "How much do you have to lose?" Saves me from alot of self loathing in the morning.

Let's get an unpdate soon on this one, it will be interesting to say the least.

mr8ball

He is a NUT as far as I am concerned. Maybe he has never had to work for any of his money. JMO

The Action Room says different

The Action Room says he is up $100k, but mostly off the railbirds.

Dammit we need facts!!! Somebody give us the straight story.

Either the man is a genius or a fool, the money will tell us which.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Dippy going off!!!

I feel bad when I lose over $500-1000. Holy $hit, that's alot of cash.

Why would he go off for that kind of money when he could never hope to win that much from his opponent?

I think for people that bet that much money all the time the money itself has no intrinsic value... It's all about the gamble. Even if Dippy wins he probably wouldn't be satisfied and already thinking about his next game...

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
The Action Room says he is up $100k, but mostly off the railbirds.

Dammit we need facts!!! Somebody give us the straight story.

Either the man is a genius or a fool, the money will tell us which.

Maybe both, you know the old saying>some days your the windshield and some days your the fool.....sorry I mean some days your the genius and some days your a bug.......oh never mind.

I have never had enough loot to feel like I could lose it(Nit). I do know the pressure will be on Scott so we might see a new level out of the best 1p player on the planet.:cool:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have only two words of advice for those who want to bet the rail on this match. Be careful!

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think some people in this thread dont realize how good of a poker player Dave is. If he somehow lost every dime to his name to Scott, which I image would take quite a few more double ups...there would be people waiting in line to stake him in a 2000-4000 holdem game tomorrow. Good thing for dippy he is world class at the better paying of the 2 games...;)

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Heading to Vegas now. For those of you who think there is business going on your wrong. It is serious gambling at the highest stakes pool has ever seen. Have fun everyone with the conspiracy theories. :thumbup:

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I'd be surprised if Frost is playing for $500K unless he's up close to that and I haven't heard that. It's really time for the admin to give Dippy his own forum. :rolleyes:

In any event, is the money on the light? :grin-square:

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
I'd be surprised if Frost is playing for $500K unless he's up close to that and I haven't heard that.

That is what I am thinking. Even if Scott was up $200,000 at this point I am not sure how the guy has $300,000 cash on top of that to even up the bet. You don't play for that kind of cash and have a guy owe ya.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Maybe they mean $500k in the middle.
Probably not that hard for someone with deep pockets to pony up the extra 50k on top of the 200k.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
or how about.......

....Frost could be betting $200K and Dippy could be betting the other $300K with the rail...........

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Dippy must be mad at his money. We saw a video here where he ripped up $500 like he was a hero. Now hes throwing this kinda money around.
If he wanted to be a real hero, maybe drop in on the local Humane Society
and Soup Kitchen and give them 20 K each. I'm sure they would appreciate it. He could get run over by a bus tomorrow and the only thing he'd be remembered for was being a blow hard dumbass. At least spread it around and do some good with it and be remembered that way.
Not my money so who am I to say.