Max Eberle!

Prey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Max for winning this years 14.1 at the derby.
Way to go Max!:grin-square:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Nice goin' for Max!!!

I'd buy him a steak dinner, but......well, you know;).

Maniac

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Nice, Max has been training hard at 14.1 - a very good and well deserved win for him.

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good playin

max is a great player ,great person and buddy of mine. congrats champ. i would have like to have been there but it sounds like it was in the cards for u to win whether i came or not.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
John???

max is a great player ,great person and buddy of mine. congrats champ. i would have like to have been there but it sounds like it was in the cards for u to win whether i came or not.

Why didn't you go this year???

Jaden

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Max played great; especially in his semi-final match with Niels.

Honestly, Dennis O went down quite a few pegs in my book when he conceded the match to Max. The commentators were saying that Dennis wanted to go watch Alex play in the 9-ball final. DO was down 80-ish to 40-something and it was pretty clear Max was going to run out.

I think it was very unsportsmanlike for him to halt the match before Max officially reached 100.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congrats, Max!

I was trying to watch two matches at once (9-ball finals was at the same time), but if I saw the 14.1 correctly, the final game ended weirdly. At a score of 82-54 in Max's favor (going to 100), Orcollo missed a long shot, splattered the rack, and conceded the game. Someone correct me if I have that wrong. In any event, nice going, Max, beating Feijen 100-97 in the semi-finals and then Orcollo in the finals.

Edit (2/4/13): In re-watching the ending, I see that Max made one ball after Orcollo's final shot and before DO conceded, so the score was actually 83-54 at the time of the concession.

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congrats, Max!

I was trying to watch two matches at once (9-ball finals was at the same time), but if I saw the 14.1 correctly, the final game ended weirdly. At a score of 82-54 in Max's favor (going to 100), Orcollo missed a long shot, splattered the rack, and conceded the game. Someone correct me if I have that wrong. In any event, nice going, Max, beating Feijen 100-97 in the semi-finals and then Orcollo in the finals.

Close enough.

Freddie

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
Great Job Max! Always great to watch you play! You played great! See you at SBE!

Vyc

╭∩╮(︶︿&#650
Silver Member
Way to go Max!! Congrats !!

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Class less move

Max played great; especially in his semi-final match with Niels.

Honestly, Dennis O went down quite a few pegs in my book when he conceded the match to Max. The commentators were saying that Dennis wanted to go watch Alex play in the 9-ball final. DO was down 80-ish to 40-something and it was pretty clear Max was going to run out.

I think it was very unsportsmanlike for him to halt the match before Max officially reached 100.

Orcullo shows true colors by not finishing match. pathetic...... On the other hand who won the Action award?

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
I really enjoyed the semi-finals match vs Niels ... glad this will be going up on YouTube in the near future 'cause I wanna watch it again. Max, you had the chat on tilt from too many "clap" icons from when you started your fantastic comeback all the way to the finish line. Congratulations sir!

Last edited:

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Orcullo shows true colors by not finishing match. pathetic...... On the other hand who won the Action award?

When you're down 82 to 40ish and the rack is wide open, no different than conceding the 9 or 10 in the hill game.

It only seems different because its 1 ball versus a few balls. But relatively speaking its basically the same. Max would have likely run out and been the end of it or very close to it.