RIP poolplayer2093

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
I just became aware that poolplayer passed away a few years ago.
He was pretty prolific posting in both the Main and NPR forums.

The information came via Blah Blah.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5939885&postcount=540

Great thread- thanks for bringing it back, Sev.

I'm pretty sure poolplayer2093 was mostly messing around for humor value.

I ran into a mutual friend of his and mine a year or two ago and was told that sadly poolplayer2093 passed away. His name was Sam, and he was a Marine from Stockton, CA. We traded a couple of pool cues back and forth and would usually meet at Hard Times in Sac or at Gil's in Elk Grove (now closed). The friend said Sam moved to Fresno or Bakersfield and got in the wrong crowd and died. He must have been only in his 30s.

Very sad.

: (

I really enjoyed the banter back and forth with him. He was a guy that could start trouble in a thread with just one post.
He could take a ball busting and give it right back.

I had often wondered what had happened to him and assumed he had just got tired and moved on from AZB to other endeavors.

Sadly he has moved on from this world at a far to young of an age.

Hopefully he is enjoying some good table time in that big billiards hall in the sky.

RIP Sam. You are still in our thoughts.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just became aware that poolplayer passed away a few years ago.
He was pretty prolific posting in both the Main and NPR forums.

The information came via Blah Blah.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5939885&postcount=540

Great thread- thanks for bringing it back, Sev.

I'm pretty sure poolplayer2093 was mostly messing around for humor value.

I ran into a mutual friend of his and mine a year or two ago and was told that sadly poolplayer2093 passed away. His name was Sam, and he was a Marine from Stockton, CA. We traded a couple of pool cues back and forth and would usually meet at Hard Times in Sac or at Gil's in Elk Grove (now closed). The friend said Sam moved to Fresno or Bakersfield and got in the wrong crowd and died. He must have been only in his 30s.

Very sad.

: (

I really enjoyed the banter back and forth with him. He was a guy that could start trouble in a thread with just one post.
He could take a ball busting and give it right back.

I had often wondered what had happened to him and assumed he had just got tired and moved on from AZB to other endeavors.

Sadly he has moved on from this world at a far to young of an age.

Hopefully he is enjoying some good table time in that big billiards hall in the sky.

RIP Sam. You are still in our thoughts.

We shared a few PM's back and forth too. He and I had some things in common. It's too bad he went out the way he did (assuming it's true), but if he was who he represented himself as, then it is not surprising at all. RIP.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought about him more than a few times, wondered why he quit posting.

Too sad. We miss you, Sam.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Man, we use to mix it up pretty good at times in NPR. But, we still liked each other. He was a crazy kind of guy that was still finding his way. I wish he would have found it before he passed, he was trying his best. He enjoyed life even though it was giving him lemons.

Godspeed Sam :grin-angelic:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Man, we use to mix it up pretty good at times in NPR. But, we still liked each other. He was a crazy kind of guy that was still finding his way. I wish he would have found it before he passed, he was trying his best. He enjoyed life even though it was giving him lemons.

Godspeed Sam :grin-angelic:

I remember, RJ, you telling him that if you ever got out that way, you'd have some drinks
with him....but you were going to bring some extra money so you could bail the both of
you outta jail. :)

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I remember, RJ, you telling him that if you ever got out that way, you'd have some drinks
with him....but you were going to bring some extra money so you could bail the both of

Man, you got a memory like an elephant. I even forgot about that. He was a good egg, I'll gladly have a drink with him some day, but not today :)

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Was going through some old threads recently and there he was. I instantly
wondered why we hadn't heard from him in such a long time.
I am saddened to hear that he was a victim of circumstances at such an
early age. I remember seeing him at the monthly Hard Times Tournaments
in SacTown. He pretty much stayed to himself, so I never introduced myself.

RIP Sam, and Via con Dios

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Wow..Sorry to hear that..We played a few times in Modesto...He was passionate about pool....Really sorry to hear that....

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad news. I always loved that avatar of his:thumbup:

Attachments

4.1 KB · Views: 551

Sev

Silver Member

LOL.
I suspect it would have been quite a night. :)

Sev

Silver Member
Sorry, hoan...don't know who you refer to.

Not sure what this sam's last name is, but he was out in CA.

He was out of Stockton. I believe he spent some time in Oakland as well if I recall our conversations correctly.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Always enjoyed it when he joined in...missed seeing his posts. RIP Sam.