TVmike has proven untrustworthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I have a friend of mine that bartends at a very nice place ... he makes $350 in tips on his slow nights, upwards of $700 on busy nights. Also, he only works 4 nights a week, making an average of $1800 - $2k a week in tips ... and yeah, that's for 4 nights a week and doesn't include the base pay he gets.

I thought having a municipal union job was good.

Waiting tables or tending bar isn't that bad really!

If you've got the best shifts and good managment and the right work ethic and personality, and don't have to do set up or clean up, you've been around a long time at this place and your deserve it. Try moving and getting this shift somewhere else, it might take yrs. or not at all. This pay scale above is NOT the norm, but may be in the right city, but rent etc are parallel. Your at times slopping the hogs and hearing the samo/samo, but in youth its easier to deal with. I worked with a guy that had shifts like your stating above, he was making over $50,000 in tips a yr, but he was firing on all cylinders and was a very nice/good looking man. Eventually the clubs numbers diminished, and now its just another job, and he moved on long ago and never got shifts like that, anywhere else.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Too much negativity.

Your response reminded me of Donald Sutherland in one of his earlier roles as a tank commander, Don Rickles was also in charge of I think supplies, great slapstick type humor war movie.

''Quit with the negative waves''

Island Drive

Silver Member
oh boo hoo.. some of us have faced REAL hardship in life. if a bad review on an obscure internet forum is enough to put you over the edge... you won't be missed..

Am I the only one here with a full nutsack?

Your from MN, the deck is already stacked you live next to WI;), enjoy your nice summers up there, and have a cold one on a lake on a boat on a hot sweaty day, fall off the boat, come back and have another.
I miss the 90 days of summer up NORT. :) Nothin' better.

flash5153

none
Silver Member
I am amazed at what I read this morning here. Mike ,I have been to several of your free streamed tournaments. It is nice to have them streamed but for someone that is so emotional and takes things so personnel. Huh?? I think maybe you picked the wrong business to get into.

Pool players are not the most compassionate group.

To separate emotion from business,,for god sake,,,all you had to do was send Jay some DVDs. How much does it cost to burn them?? I can do it for the cost of the blank CD. It does take time,,,but so what!!
And I can't help but think ,,if you would have sent him everything you have ,,in sets of 5,,,just maybe he could have sold them and made more money(for you) than what you made!!!

Good Luck

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playin' pool we learn to, "post up." The equivalent to that in business is,"put it in writing."

I feel a sadness that there are so many disputes of this type on AZB. I have no dog in the fight but I wish you guys would have settled this without going public. Once you start calling people names, even if the matter is eventually worked out, ' you cannot unring the bell.'

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
some people in this world you just say hello to and that is all. and never do any business with, and it is usually very clear who they are.

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
some people are just going to be a keyboard bully, suicide is NO joke.

At least everything I sat here I could and would say to someone's face.

I don't see that happening here.

You are right..it aint a joke...But from my experience...and i know a few who did commit suicide...The ones that do don't openly talk about it...They keep it in & when it happens everybody is in shock & wished they had opened up & got help...99% of the time when somebody openly threatens to do it they playing the sympathy card.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Today the package of DVD's arrived at my post office. The original shipping date was May 24, 2011. It was rerouted on June 16. The reason for the one month delay; the wrong address was on the package. Instead of P.O. Box 1883 (correct address), it was clearly addressed to P.O. Box 188. How it finally found its way to me is anyone's guess. What's also interesting is that there's a tracking number attached to the package. I guess Mike just lost that too.

Tomorow I will send Mike the $160 as promised. And hopefully it is the end of the five month odyssey of changing agreements and money demands. I'm glad to finally see the DVD's I had long been waiting for. Now I will review them to see what the quality is like. I've got my fingers crossed they are of decent quality that I can sell them on my website, and try to recoup some of the over $500 I'm out to date.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Now there's an interesting twist. :thumbup:

Glad you finally received the dvd's, and that this frustrating episode is just about over.

Best,
Brian kc

StickmnBiliards

Stickman Billiards
Silver Member
Today the package of DVD's arrived at my post office. The original shipping date was May 24, 2011. It was rerouted on June 16. The reason for the two month delay; the wrong address was on the package. Instead of P.O. Box 1883 (correct address), it was clearly addressed to P.O. Box 188. How it finally found its way to me is anyone's guess. What's also interesting is that there's a tracking number attached to the package. I guess Mike just lost that too.

Tomorow I will send Mike the $160 as promised. And hopefully it is the end of the five month odyssey of changing agreements and money demands. I'm glad to finally see the DVD's I had long been waiting for. Now I will review them to see what the quality is like. I've got my fingers crossed they are of decent quality that I can sell them on my website, and try to recoup some of the over $500 I'm out to date.

If for some reason the DVD's don't sell, you could always turn this thread into a mini series. :thumbup:

Hope it all works out for both of you.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Much to be gleaned from this thread.

We/i jumped to conclusions w/o having facts.

Mike, plse accept my apology:embarrassed2:

DETAILS can be a biatch...

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today the package of DVD's arrived at my post office. The original shipping date was May 24, 2011. It was rerouted on June 16. The reason for the two month delay; the wrong address was on the package. Instead of P.O. Box 1883 (correct address), it was clearly addressed to P.O. Box 188. How it finally found its way to me is anyone's guess. What's also interesting is that there's a tracking number attached to the package. I guess Mike just lost that too.

Sorry Jay, but thats some funny shit. :thumbup:
Chuck

flash5153

none
Silver Member
Tune in for more of AZ's new mini series: "The missing 3" Soon to be on Blue ray and sent to PO boxes everywhere.

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
Jay - If only you would have had more patience.

If you had, none of us here would have been exposed to the cesspool of contempt and disdain you and Mike had for one another.

Perhaps you have learned your lesson.

We'll see.

:rotflmao:

flash5153

none
Silver Member
Really though,,what does that mean. Should we all forget about what we read and seen or stated here on this thread??

IMO it don't change much,,,,at least not the biggest issue I seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.