What center cueball has done for "The Blade"Stevie Moore

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is a shame that there are people that simply can't live and let live.

PJ has longevity on his side...we'll see him after a long break.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 692

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
That's incorrect. In fact, the truth is quite the opposite. Playing superb pool is about reducing variables and swing thoughts down to a "video game" level. Not about introducing variables (the side-effects of the "why") into real-life game play.

If you were fishing for yourself and the yellow lure caught fish and the red one didn't, you'd never waste time studying why the red lure dogged it, you'd just keep snapping jaws back with the yellow one. Maybe the yellow one is a plastic bird -- not even something a fish eats--- who knows, who cares, it just works-- and eating is what matters. The red one can be a Rebel crayfish and it's supposed to work with all logic, but can't catch shit.

You can't get out of the way of the minutia and always strive to maximize the micro vs the macro.

Mahna made a good point. You've never posted any videos showing your playing prowess; yet you feel "qualified" to "grade" CJ's posts. To be fair, it's not just you--- Duckie is another one who follows around CJ just to knock his posts--- he's a self-proclaimed APA 4 or 5 player.

I mean, if either of you guys could post up a decent run or string some racks on video, maybe your critiques would hold more juice.

I think AZB has been tremendously patient with guys like you, honestly. For YEARS you and your crew fought hard to chase away the pros to the point where NONE remained and those who thought about posting, were told not to by their peers.

Now that we have a few pros posting again, you guys are trying HARD to get rid of them -- par for the course for you guys. If this were my forum, I WOULD give pros special attention. I WOULD give pros the help they needed to feel comfortable. I WOULD ban those who attacked them for sharing "their" information and "their" view of the game.

It's the PROS who bring value to a forum like this--- not the self-proclaimed expert academics with no playing history to speak of.

I hope Mike/Jerry/Wilson protect the very few pros we have here. The other pros who have since left us did so because they weren't the "writing mechanics" that their detractors clearly were and quickly found themselves "out-posted and out-witted" every time they dared say anything.

In fact, every tour pro should be made a moderator here.
If they think someone is knocking them or being a blatant jerk -- they can BAN them themselves. That's NOT to say players can't disagree with them. If they do, they should be careful to do so in a polite and respectful way, NEVER implying or injecting insults (like PJ, Duckie, Lou Figueroa, and the crew).

Bartram should be the action room / main mod, CJ/Stevie can mod the aiming section, Fran can mod the ask the instructor forum, etc. Make this a forum were pros feel protected and let them have the JUICE required to feel like this place is their HOME.

Force guys like Duck, PJ, Lou and others to be respectful or hit the road.

The cream always rises to the top.... You and my man Mahna are dead in punch today.....

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
Am I expected to care whether I'm banned from a "forum" dedicated to infomercials for idiots? I don't even bother to scan it any more except to see how many for-sale threads CJ Wiley has on the front page - is it three right now? Will it be four or five by the end of the day?

I fear AzB has outlived its useful life.

pj <- moving on
chgo

But yet your in this thread.....Duh................:rolleyes:

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member

Some people just can't let go. And PJ is one of those
Sometimes the price of being "right" is just too expensive .
Not that I think PJ is right, but I do think he is hard headed.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
How many long breaks has PJ had????

Seriously Mr. Wilson...When is enough enough???

That guy has proven time and time again that he can't behave in a forum...

Why isn't it a permaban????

Jaden

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe it should just say Banned Again under his name.. Honestly I don't think he cares one way or the other if he's banned..

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
He has 2 years to think about it.

I considered the options and made a choice.

2 years is a very long time.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
He has 2 years to think about it.

I considered the options and made a choice.

2 years is a very long time.

Not long enough in my opinion :) At some point, after so many bans, there eventually has to be a perm ban. You know, like the three strikes law. So, the third ban for anyone should be permanent.... I mean, enough is enough already.... Sir :)

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In fact, every tour pro should be made a moderator here. [/U][/B] If they think someone is knocking them or being a blatant jerk -- they can BAN them themselves. That's NOT to say players can't disagree with them. If they do, they should be careful to do so in a polite and respectful way, NEVER implying or injecting insults (like PJ, Duckie, Lou Figueroa, and the crew).

Bartram should be the action room / main mod, CJ/Stevie can mod the aiming section, Fran can mod the ask the instructor forum, etc. Make this a forum were pros feel protected and let them have the JUICE required to feel like this place is their HOME.

You say a lot of things that make a lot of sense but not this one. When you have someone coming on to a forum with their primary objective being to push an idea, concept, or product (no matter how great they may be), the last thing you should do is have them also become moderators. I'm really surprised you feel this way.

I know you are frustrated with some of the dissenting voices on here, but your idea would pretty much eliminate all of them. That's not the kind of forum that I'm interesting in.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Now that we have a few pros posting again, you guys are trying HARD to get rid of them -- par for the course for you guys. If this were my forum, I WOULD give pros special attention. I WOULD give pros the help they needed to feel comfortable. I WOULD ban those who attacked them for sharing "their" information and "their" view of the game.

It's the PROS who bring value to a forum like this--- not the self-proclaimed expert academics with no playing history to speak of.

I hope Mike/Jerry/Wilson protect the very few pros we have here. The other pros who have since left us did so because they weren't the "writing mechanics" that their detractors clearly were and quickly found themselves "out-posted and out-witted" every time they dared say anything.

If they think someone is knocking them or being a blatant jerk -- they can BAN them themselves. That's NOT to say players can't disagree with them. If they do, they should be careful to do so in a polite and respectful way, NEVER implying or injecting insults (like PJ, Duckie, Lou Figueroa, and the crew).

I like the way you think... I"m gonna keep my eye on you :)

Last edited:

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh and another thing. I will tell you the one pro that handles himself the best on the forum - Mr. John Brumback. When he has something to share he shares it. But he also throws in a bit of humility. He doesn't pretend that he understands everything there is to know about the game just because he is a pro. This humility goes a long ways for a lot of us.

Any banger, short stop, or pro that comes on this forum and can't be convinced that they are wrong about anything doesn't really have much to offer me. What's the point of engaging with anybody that's not willing to reconsider their position?

For me, forums are about bouncing ideas off of each other, not just being spoon fed the "truth".

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had heard of Stan and Landon back in 2000 while I was in Kentucky hustlin pool. For some reason tho I decided not to go and try to gamble with Stan. Fate has it. Was one of the best decisions of my life. Sometime around April 2007 I was invited by Stan to stay at his home and learn how to teach. Little did i know the impact of this meeting. He shared with me the knowledge that I needed in becoming the best player I could possibly be. Don't get me wrong I had the pattern play the safeties the percentages of the right shot. But I lacked routine, basic cueing knowledge and definitely did not know how to aim. Well he gave me this knowledge and I knew there was work to be done in my own game. After seeing and learning these principals I knew I was on my way to becoming a much better player and possibly number 1 ranked player in the US which has been a dream of mine since i had started playing. A much better player I am from learning CTE/Pro One guaranteed. Learning to stroke straight was another piece to the puzzle. Well, I finally got it. :) It's been a process but what else did I have to do! :)

"The Blade" Stevie Moore

Just wanted to point out that Stan teaches a lot more than CTE/pro-one. He is the complete instructor and pro-one is really just a big bonus added on to his instruction.

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
That's incorrect. In fact, the truth is quite the opposite. Playing superb pool is about reducing variables and swing thoughts down to a "video game" level. Not about introducing variables (the side-effects of the "why") into real-life game play.

If you were fishing for yourself and the yellow lure caught fish and the red one didn't, you'd never waste time studying why the red lure dogged it, you'd just keep snapping jaws back with the yellow one. Maybe the yellow one is a plastic bird -- not even something a fish eats--- who knows, who cares, it just works-- and eating is what matters. The red one can be a Rebel crayfish and it's supposed to work with all logic, but can't catch shit.

You can't get out of the way of the minutia and always strive to maximize the micro vs the macro.

Mahna made a good point. You've never posted any videos showing your playing prowess; yet you feel "qualified" to "grade" CJ's posts. To be fair, it's not just you--- Duckie is another one who follows around CJ just to knock his posts--- he's a self-proclaimed APA 4 or 5 player.

I mean, if either of you guys could post up a decent run or string some racks on video, maybe your critiques would hold more juice.

I think AZB has been tremendously patient with guys like you, honestly. For YEARS you and your crew fought hard to chase away the pros to the point where NONE remained and those who thought about posting, were told not to by their peers.

Ooh you mean sorta like communist China?

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
Some people just can't let go. And PJ is one of those
Sometimes the price of being "right" is just too expensive .
Not that I think PJ is right, but I do think he is hard headed.

I think he was right most of the time and now that he's gone, let the infomercials begin

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I said at the beginning I wanted to learn more about patience, and tolerance

You say a lot of things that make a lot of sense but not this one. When you have someone coming on to a forum with their primary objective being to push an idea, concept, or product (no matter how great they may be), the last thing you should do is have them also become moderators. I'm really surprised you feel this way.

I know you are frustrated with some of the dissenting voices on here, but your idea would pretty much eliminate all of them. That's not the kind of forum that I'm interesting in.

I certainly wouldn't want to be a moderator, I'm a "boxer," not a ref. :wink:

I WANT to be questioned and scrutinized. Some of the personal attacks were unnecessary, however, I let them pass because ultimately I knew the incentive and objective of the "attackers". It didn't have anything to do with what was even being discussed, it was about "other things."

Even the banter is ok with me as long as it's done without being mean or offensive. I've learned a lot about things that I was interested in learning the past 4 months and I'm grateful to pj, neal, and lou for helping with this process.

I said at the beginning I wanted to learn more about patience, tolerance and understanding and I feel like I have a PHD now. :) The Game is the Teacher'
believe-tolerance.jpg