Lost another player

wincardona

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just heard that George San Souci ( Ginky ) died. So sad.

This is shocking news when a player as young as Ginky passes.

I just finished reading every post in this thread, and also watched and listened to the Jim Murnak interview, it was a great interview. George was just as I have always believed, a very special person/player and will sorely be missed by all.

I have always looked at George as being a talented man with an outgoing personality. He loved pool, gambling, and just having a good time, I was very envious of George because of how I perceived him, not to mention that he was 30 years younger than me.

I first met George at the Massachusetts State Championships in the year 1991. I was booking the matches at that tournament ( I know i'm a bad guy )and couldn't help but notice this young kid, small in stature that very rarely missed a ball. ( Yes I do have an eye for talent ) I quickly adjusted my line according to how I felt I could induce action against this kid ...IT WORKED... I also played George in the tournament and went to hill hill which George won. We developed a friendly relationship at that tournament that lasted forever. Any ways George won that tournament by beating Earl Strickland in the finals, just as I thought he would. No i'm not saying that George was a better player at that time, but it seemed to me that this was Georges tournament and he wasn't going to be denied. George won the tournament and I won pretty good luring betters that liked Strickland, I got lucky.

We'll never know why things like this happen, most think that It's a residue of life..maybe their right...But I can honestly say that I respected George for his honesty, his out look on life, his courage on and off the table, and his passion for the game that we all love. George was a good man, and a great player, and a solid human being.

My condolences goes out to all that knew him, especially his friends and family.

R.I.P. my friend and maybe someday we'll play some one pocket.

Billy Incardona

Last edited:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
People are saying it's confirmed on facebook. I really hope something has gotten very confused.

ndpoulin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, RIP. I watched him on quite a few streams.. pretty young looking guy. Sad news.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Just spoke to him 3 days ago!!! Really nice guy and a hell of a player!!! RIP Ginky... You're with the pool gods now :(

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
ginky.jpg

I took this at the 2001 US Open.
RIP

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I hope this is some screwed up joke... oh man... nobody will answer their phones

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Terrible news. When I saw the thread title I would have never guessed Ginky. RIP

Also, didn't he lose a daughter a few years ago? Must be very tough for his wife.

samurai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
R.I.P Ginky and thanks for all the tips....my thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends, you will be missed!

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
George "Ginky" SanSouci is one of the finest young players in the world today. His all around ability and his professional character make him one of the best attractions in the billiard industry today. From 1994, thru 1997, Ginky won an unprecedented 18 out of 22 tournaments on the Tri-State Tour...Wow! With his first "major" victory at the Camel Pro Billiard Series Charlotte 10-Ball Open in 1998 utilizing a Ted Harris break/jump cue. Ginky followed that up with back to back victories in New York City at the National Straight Pool Championships and the BCA Invitational 9-ball Championships in Las Vegas in 1999...
George SanSouci has proven that he is going to be a major force in professional pool for years to come. Ginky currently resides in his hometown of New York City.

Awards & Titles
Massachusetts State Champion...1991
Rhode Island State Champion...1994-1995
Billiards Digest Rookie Of the Year...1996
Maine State Champion...1996
Year End Rankings...One-Pocket Division...9th...National 9-Ball Tour...1996
Year End Rankings...11th place...Professional Cuesports Association...1996
Delaware State Champion...1997
Year End Rankings...14th place...Professional Cuesports Association...1997
Year End Ranking...12th...Camel Pro Billiard Series...1997
High Run...14.1 Continuous...212 balls...Amsterdam Billiard Club...New York, NY...January 15, 1998
BCA National Straight Pool Champion...1999
High Run...14.1 Continuous...343 balls...Slate Billiards...New York, NY...July 2009

Exhibitions
Defeated Tony Annigoni...11-2...Amsterdam Billiard Club...New York, NY...1994
Defeated Vivian Villareal...11-3...Amsterdam Billiard Club...New York, NY...August 1998
Defeated Roger Griffis...14.1 Continuous...150-83...Amsterdam Billiard Club...New York, NY...April 1999
Defeated & Lost to Karen Corr...spotted the break & 5 games to 11...11-10,11-10...Amsterdam Billiard Club...New York, NY...1999
High Run...14.1 Continuous...212 balls...Amsterdam Billiard Club...New York, NY...January 15, 1998
Defeated Tony Robles...14.1 Continuous...150-28...Ran 145...Amsterdam Billiard Club...New York, NY...April 1999

Media Coverage
All About Pool Magazine..."Snooker's Ocean State Champion"...March 1995
Pool & Billiard Magazine..."Cue Sport News"...July 1996
All About Pool Magazine..."SanSouci: 3 in a row, 2nd time"...January 1997
Billiards Digest...Cover Story..."Title Time, By George!" ...September 1998
Billiards Digest..."Ginky Emerges in Charlotte"...September 1998
Pool & Billiard Magazine...Cover Story..."New Kid On The Block"...October 1998
Billiards Digest..."Hiatus for Ginky?"...November 1998.
Billiards Digest..."Wing Shots"...November 1998
Village Voice..."Native Son"...The Score Section...1998
The Law Journal..."Two Lawyers Back Rising Pool Player"...April 1999
The New York Post..."Pool Shark in Rising"...April 1999
Men's Journal...April 1999
Billiards Digest..."Practice secrets of the pro's; George SanSouci"...May 1999
Billiards Digest..."Tournaments; Strong Finish For Ginky"...May 1999
Pool & Billiard..."Ginky Plays Straight"...June 1999

All About Pool Tour
Snooker's Billiards & Cafe...Fifth Annual Ocean State Championships...Champion...February 1994
Snooker's Billiards & Cafe...Sixth Annual Ocean State Championships...Champion...February 1995
Snooker's Billiards & Cafe...Seventh Annual Ocean State Championships...Runner Up...February 1995
Northeast 9-Ball Open...Champion...Pro Billiard Lounge...Rotterdam, NY...1997

Joss Northeast 9-ball Tour
Accu-Billiards...Champion...New Bedford, CT...March 1998

Texas Express National 9-ball Tour
Pocket's Billiards...Champion...Frederick, MD
Amsterdam Billiard Club...Runner-Up...New York, NY
Fast Eddie's Billiard Cafe...Champion...9-ball...Alexandria, VA
Fast Eddie's Billiard Cafe...Champion...One-pocket...Alexandria, VA
Eastern States Regional...The Playing Field...Champion...Richmond, VA
Eastern States Regional...The Playing Field...Champion...One-pocket...Richmond, VA
Eastern States Regional...Champion...Fast Eddie's...Alexandria, VA...May 1996
Eastern States Regional...3rd place....One Pocket Division...Fast Eddie's...Alexandria, VA...May 1996
Brass Rack...Champion...Macon, GA...May 1997
Whitestone Billiards...Champion...Whitestone, NY...April 1998
Action Billiards...Champion...Salisbury, MD...March 1999
National Straight Pool Championships...Champion...Amsterdam Billiard Club...NY, NY...April 15-18, 1999

Tri-State Tour
Juliet's...Champion...Poughkeepsie, NY...April 1996
Pocket's...Champion...Brooklyn, NY...May 1996
Clifton Billiards...Champion...Clifton, NJ...June 1996
Castle Billiards...Champion...E. Rutherford, NJ...September 1996
Executive Billiards...Champion...White Plains, NY...October 1996
Crown Billiards...Champion...Pompton Lakes, NJ...November 1996
Tri-State Regional...Champion...Leisure Time Billiards...Levittown, NY...May 1999

Billiard Congress of America
BCA Invitational 9-ball Championships...Champion...Las Vegas, NV...May 1999

Camel Pro Billiard Series
Shooter's 9-Ball Open...13th place...Olathe, KS...April 1998
South Jersey 10-BAll Open...9th place...Pennsauken, NJ...June 1998
Charlotte 10-Ball Open...Champion...Charlotte, NC...July 1998
Riviera Hotel Pro 8-ball Open...49th place...Las Vegas, NV...August 1998
US Open 9-ball Championships...33rd place...Chesapeake, VA...September 1998
Denver 10-Ball Open...9th place...Denver, CO...October 1998
Columbus 10-ball Open...25th place...Columbus, OH...November 1998

Professional Cuesports Association
ESPN World 9-Ball Championships...5th place...Santa Rosa, CA...1996
ESPN World 9-Ball Championships...Scotch Doubles...Runner Up...Santa Rosa, CA...1996
Hollywood Park Million Dollar Challenge...5th place...Hollywood Park, CA...May 1996
Dallas Open...3-4th place...CJ'S Billiard Palace...Dallas, TX...July 1996
Sands Regency XXV...Runner Up...Reno, NV...June 1997
ESPN World 9-ball Championships...5th place...Orlando, FL...January 1999

RIP so sad.

Yukon Ed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Words escape me right now

Is it confirmed? I've read of many players' so-called deaths often in this forum; we usually find out later the "reporter" has been living under a rock and was mistaken. This report was by Billy Incardona; therefore, I believe it. Still...let's see something in print. Prayers being said just in case.

Yukon Ed

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Is it confirmed? I've read of many players' so-called deaths often in this forum; we usually find out later the "reporter" has been living under a rock and was mistaken. This report was by Billy Incardona; therefore, I believe it. Still...let's see something in print. Prayers being said just in case.

Yukon Ed

The NYC pool world is in a state of shock... and the few people I've talked to have said its true.

Rest in peace ginkster.