my heart surgery

Charlie Edwards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this is NPR but here goes anyway. 10 days ago I had an open heart bypass surgery done. Everything went fine, but this is one tough operation. No more pool for the next few months... and miss it all ready.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Get better fast, and do follow the Post Op Recovery Advice you got from the Doc, or you will just be slow to get on the Pool Table! Aka do not over do it!

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Get well soon, Charlie, it won't be long before it's just a vague memory. I had spinal fusion surgery last December and was laid up for Christmas, only remember it when I walk, this year's much better...
:p

King

King Custom Cue Cases
Gold Member
Silver Member
All the best to you Charlie,get well and take care.
Al

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope you are feeling better soon. You'll be back on the table before you know it.

Since you're not using it, mail me that Lambros and I'll keep it warm for you. When you're feeling better I'll ship it back :)

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
I know this is NPR but here goes anyway. 10 days ago I had an open heart bypass surgery done. Everything went fine, but this is one tough operation. No more pool for the next few months... and miss it all ready.

welcome back mr edwards!! :thumbup:
taking a break will make it all that much sweeter when you start up again

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
I feel for ya Charlie. Dunno how old you are, I'm 60 and had a heart attack 10 yrs ago. I got lucky and they put 2 stents in my LCA. My cardiologist says my RCA is 100% occluded! I do get angina quite often if I exert myself. You are much better off with clear plumbing.

He said if it were 98% blocked, I'd be going in for surgery, but being 100% blocked, he knows it cant' get worse. Small tributaries are growing around the blockage there, but can't supply ample blood if I really exert myself. It's just a matter of time before I join the "zipper" club with you.

My dad, (god rest his sole) had 3 open heart surgeries, 2 carotid artery surgeries. Runs in the family.

But listen, this IMO will be a good thing for your game. You will get to work on the mental side of the game. Watch a ton of videos, read about the game and allow your mind to become hungry for the game even more so than it is.

Desire to play along with that focus on the mental side will bring you back to the table even stronger than before.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Manoman2444

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had double by-pass in 2003, been in pretty good shape ever since. I had what they call the "widow maker", the one where you don't know it and just drop over on the golf course or what-ever. 90 some percent blockage of the artery that supplies 65% of the blood back to the body. I exercise about a hour each day now (still don't eat like I should though). One of the biggest problems I had was when I would roll over in my sleep because of the incision on your chest. Just don't like sleeping on my back.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My dad had a quadruple by-pass in August and is doing great. The first two weeks were really tough, but he is back working and doing well. He still doesn't have an appetite though which is distressing to him as he loved his food. He is 79 also.

TorranceChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Glad your surgery went well; pool will be there when you're ready, and you will enjoy it that much more. :p

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Great news of the surgery going well. Rehab at the pace the doctor tells you. The pool tables will be there after we're all long gone. Johnnyt

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Best wishes in the recovery Charlie - let us know how things progress. I know it is a difficult operation and recovery can take awhile.

Chris

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Keeping the mind occupies thru any recovery period is always key to making it go faster... Several ideas come to mind...

1)Accu-Stats Order matches of your favorite pros or the ones that you would like to emulate... Immerse yourself in a match until you know what shot or safe they will play before they hit the cueball...

2)Youtube is your friend as well... Efren/Earl color of money is out there on the net along with tons of matches

3)Time to learn a new aiming system.... Order The See system or CTE and then use the Wei table to learn the angles and corresponding references and pivots... I have had The SEE system for about a month and it will be 2 more before I have all of the base shots and adjustments memorized....

4)Nathan just finished the Break and Run DVDs... I am thinking those could be studied for weeks.. Add Joe Tucker's Racking Secrets 1-2 to them and you may be back on the tables before you have finished absorbing all of it...

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery... Take it slow and follow the post op advice to the letter....

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
All the best to you, Charlie. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!

Sean

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Charlie, you don't have to miss the game when you can bring it right into your home! Thanks to all the streamers you can hook your computer up to your TV and watch live matches almost any day of the week. You absolutely can watch tournament (and action) pool on TV these days thanks to the efforts of a small, but dedicated, group of guys who stream these shows. ENJOY! :D

And if all else fails, there's always the AZ forum for a laugh or two. :)

Q-Street

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's your chance to read that nice pool book or watch that great match you've been putting aside. Here's to an uncomplicated recovery, get well soon Charlie.