New table in my future

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sold my Olhausen 8 foot table that has served me well over the last few years, but now I am going to get either a Brunswick Gold Crown or Diamond 9 foot table.

I can get the Gold Crowns 1 -4 for about $850-1200 and dont see a ton of used Diamonds. So obviously, I want a Diamond...:rolleyes:

I have a buddy that has a 9 foot Brunswick Anniversary table for $1000 that I might consider.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Ken

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I sold my Olhausen 8 foot table that has served me well over the last few years, but now I am going to get either a Brunswick Gold Crown or Diamond 9 foot table.

I can get the Gold Crowns 1 -4 for about $850-1200 and dont see a ton of used Diamonds. So obviously, I want a Diamond...:rolleyes:

I have a buddy that has a 9 foot Brunswick Anniversary table for $1000 that I might consider.

Ken

After looking into getting a GC II and then having the table reworked with new rails, etc., I recently purchased a new black/ charcoal Diamond Pro-Am package with extra pro cut pockets. I should have it in late February or early March. Instead of ham and egging it, I made a decision to get what I really wanted. I like the fact that Diamond tables are used for many of today's tournaments and they are quality built right here in the USA.

Martin

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After looking into getting a GC II and then having the table reworked with new rails, etc., I recently purchased a new black/ charcoal Diamond Pro-Am package with extra pro cut pockets. I should have it in late February or early March. Instead of ham and egging it, I made a decision to get what I really wanted. I like the fact that Diamond tables are used for many of today's tournaments and they are quality built right here in the USA.

Martin

I like the Diamonds without all the writing on them. I talked with Brian Roberts (Diamond Dealer) about them. He recommended the Diamondwood, but I really dont like the looks of it. I want both, great looks and great table.

The local pool hall that I play in is all Gold Crowns I, I think. Dollar for dollar tough to beat, IMO. Tons of them out there.

The Brunswick Anniversary my friend has is amazing, but I really dont think it is as good of table as the Gold Crowns.

Ken

christyd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ken

Get a gold crown Kenny!

Gramps

Pool Room Owner
Silver Member

Martin

That's exactly the same table I have. Your gonna love it !!! Diamond delivered it and set it up. Plays great every day. They have already been back to cover it once and it's about time to do it again. What great people and super company. You'll never be sorry you got it !

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I am a big fan of tradition and that means Brunswick....but I did not want a used table unless it was near perfect and thats hard to find. To buy new was out of the question, I hate getting bent over:eek:.

I was able to get top dollar for my Olhausen Montrachet ($1700) and only had to come up with $3000 for a brand new Diamond pro, needless to say I threw tradition out the window and went with the Diamond and never looked back.

To make the table even sweeter RKC was cool enough to set it up for me, my god this table makes me smile.
PS> I ordered mine without the writing also:cool:.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
You can't go wrong wither way, they are the two best tables out there. Some difference in the way they play but they are the best. Get the one you really want. I prefer GC's but can't say anything bad about Diamonds. If the Anniversary is in good shape it is a steal at a grand. Properly set up it will play lights out.

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the Diamonds without all the writing on them. I talked with Brian Roberts (Diamond Dealer) about them. He recommended the Diamondwood, but I really dont like the looks of it. I want both, great looks and great table.

The local pool hall that I play in is all Gold Crowns I, I think. Dollar for dollar tough to beat, IMO. Tons of them out there.

The Brunswick Anniversary my friend has is amazing, but I really dont think it is as good of table as the Gold Crowns.

Ken
I have both, a gc1 and an anniversary. They both have 4" pockets with Simonis 860. The gc1 is a bit tougher for some reason. I prefer playing on the gc1 because it's the same feel as the tournament tables I play on. That being said, the anniversary is a slightly better table. Better raw materials and craftsmanship. Better slate for sure! The gc1 has Brunstone. Can't go wrong with either table though. You could get a gc1 or 2 for $800-1100. Add new rubber, cloth and set up for under $2k!!!!! Do it.

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's exactly the same table I have. Your gonna love it !!! Diamond delivered it and set it up. Plays great every day. They have already been back to cover it once and it's about time to do it again. What great people and super company. You'll never be sorry you got it !

So all in all, what does that cost?

JC

Coos Cues

Ken

If I were you I would take out a loan if necessary, drive up to Iowa and bring this baby home for keeps.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=248290&highlight=diamond

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just don't get the need to have a diamond. Brunswick Gold Crowns are great tables, and I really don't see the increased cost of a diamond being worth it. In my opinion their is more difference in hype between the two than their is in actual playability.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i would take an anniversary over any other table for a home. unless of course you wanted it only to practice for the local tables at the pool room.

it looks great and is probably the best table ever made for playability, and looks as well.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I just don't get the need to have a diamond. Brunswick Gold Crowns are great tables, and I really don't see the increased cost of a diamond being worth it. In my opinion their is more difference in hype between the two than their is in actual playability.

I guess for me it boiled down to getting something that I considered flawless. Dymondwood rails are the nutz(bullet proof) as are the leather pockets. These pockets sit nearly flush and are cue friendly. The Diamond table sits up higher and I am a big guy so its better for me. Yes made in America was also a factor aand I do wish to support the folks at Dimond for all the do right now for the game.

Heavier slate makes the table seem nearly silent when the balls are struck. Artimis rubber is super responsive(in fact the cue ball is still rolling and I have not played since yesterday:wink:)

John Brumback

Silver Member
Get a gold crown Kenny!

Get a real table, a Diamond,Kenny.It will make those gold crowns seem like a bar table.
Everything about a Diamond can spot everything about a GC the 5 and the breaks at least.Yeah and they are made right here at home.
No stinking rubber stuff getting on your cue from the pockets.No big gashes and dings on your cue from them ole steel things they got around the pockets,I could go on.Sorry Christyd.John B.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I have a sweet GC2 that Glenn Hancock reciently did his magic on.

If I could to do it financially I would have a Diamond.

BTW expect to spend at least 1500 dollars to make whatever GC table you buy setup right.

If I was to spend around 3000 for a table (including setup) I would pay a little more for a Diamond.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Ken

As Tony mentioned, no matter which non-Diamond you get, if you want the table to really play as good as it can, you should add at least $1,500 to the purchase price of the table...and hope you can get either Mark Gregory or myself to rebuild the rails to play right. I've never come across a GC that didn't need the rails re-calibrated, and that includes the new GC5's:cool:

Miller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ken

i think you will be kicking yourself in the backside a year from now if you don't get a diamond

dustin miller

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ken, a friend of mine from Princton KY bought a diamond for $2200, he went to Ohio and loaded it up and brought it home. He loves it and I love to play on it. I have always had GCIIIs and I love them also. I think you will be happy with any of the tables you buy, they will be a step or 2 above you Oly. Tom

Manoman

Brian Roberts is stirring you right about the dymondwood also. They don't have to look like the ones in the bar, there are some really pretty ones. The rails on mine are the nicest looking part of the table, and you can't hurt them. You will appreciate that if you have children or grand-children to ever be around them/