Smorg... AKA Doug

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rip

Many have said all that is needed. I did not know the man but I can remember the first time he sent me a good rep and how honored I was. I can't even remember what it was for, but it truly made me feel good.
RIP, Doug.

lady9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like others, I was afraid to read this thread. I knew it was coming but kept hoping against hope for some kind of miracle. Still, I believe Doug is in a better place and I'm thankful we all had our chance to say good-bye.

Seems to be true, that only the good die young. My condolences to his family and all of his many, many friends who must be devastated at this loss. I am so, so sad and didn't even really know him, I can not even imagine how hard this must be for them.

RIP Doug.

morinj29

Banned
I woke up this morning with my wife saying, "Doug has passed away". I said, Doug Young? She said no Smorgass Bored. I couldn't move. She was reading a text message from a friend. That was over an hour ago!

As I choked back tears long enough to write this, I thought about how Doug is no longer suffering. I thought about the countless times that a guy, from across the country that I never met in person, made me LOL!

I will always cherish the numerous PM's and posts from Smorg. He was truly a giant of a man. I will miss him dearly!

My deepest condolences to Barbara and all of Doug's family and friends.

Ray

Doug W.
View attachment 89803

Semper Fidelis my friend
View attachment 89804

Amen to that.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
RIP Doug Thanks for everything. And thanks to all the members on this board who went out of their way to make Doug's last days more comfortable. Doug will live on through you people.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
I could tell you that this silence
will long rub against your legs,
that the sound of the electric can opener
will long summon his shadow
to the kitchen...
I could tell you that every cat you see
and some you don't,
will scratch and mew at the door
of your memory...
But I won't mention these things,
because the claws of grief are sharp.
I will say instead that your cat
is curled up somewhere in a sun spot
waiting to hear you come home,
at which time he will put on
his old aristocratic act of indifference
to let you know that you did, after all,
take longer than the expected time...
But soon, in his arrogant but casual way
he will edge nearer, forgiving
your human ineptness,
allowing you to finally hold him
and scratch behind his ears
while he is purring purring purring
to welcome you home.

MikeM

Pool Lover
Silver Member
Miss you big guy.

Like others, I am numb right now, and sad, but also relieved that Doug's suffering is over. It was quite a ride while it lasted!

I'll never post a message here without thinking of SmorgassBored.

Sincerest condolences to Barbara in her grief.

Mike

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
RIP Mr. Smorgasbored, hopefully you are watching big fish eat little fish on the rail with OHB, Rude Dog, and other friends.

Dave

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad news to begin the day. RIP Doug.

Maybe a picture or something on AZ main page in honor of our greatest poster.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hugs

Every time I get sad missing you, I just think of all those
buckets of chicken wings and popcorn you are ordering now.

Thanks for everything Smorgie, you will never be replaced.

hugs

Keith McCready

Pro Player
Smorg used to chat with me on PokerStars. He seemed to enjoy writing me, exchanging our bad beats. He'd always pop up out of nowhere. I really did like chatting with him. Actually, he's a very, very good poker player.

He sure was a real nice guy. They don't come any better. It's a very sad day for me. I'll miss his company. I'm sure he's in a better place now. Save me a seat, Smorg.

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP Tampa Tubby Bob Smorgass Bored Tubster Doug Friend

I know that you are in a better place now and already having laughing.

My prayers will be for Barbara and the rest of your family. You will be missed by many.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Goodbye my friend!

You are owed more than I can ever repay but I will honor that debt in your absence.

kath13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My condolences to Doug's family.

'Say not in grief 'he is no more' but live in thankfulness that he was'

Hebrew proverb

As AZ's most noted poster, his contributions will be missed. My deepest condolences to his family as they go through this difficult time.