Smorg... AKA Doug

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I woke up this morning to this horrible news via e-mail. I cannot hold back the tears, even as I write this post. My thoughts, of course, are with Smorgie's family and many, many, many friends. What a great man!

The first time I ever posted on the Internet is when I met the "SmorgassBored." I was green when it came to Internet posting culture, but Smorgie soon befriended me with his comical quips and showed me the ropes. We became good friends. As the years went by, our friendship blossomed. Every September 12th, we exchanged birthday greetings, as he and my daughter share the same birthday.

It is amazing, when you think about it, how many lives Smorgie touched via the Internet. The majority who know him have never seen this man in person; yet, he is loved by the masses.

In memory of SmorgassBored, I am grieved to the soul by a thousand tender recollections. Rest in peace, Smorgie.

jackson

"The Sleekly Drifter"
Silver Member
It's lucky I know the keyboard by heart otherwise this message could never have gotten typed through the tears that are in my eyes at this moment - I didn't want to open this thread when I saw it because just knew what it would hold -

Many years ago in the Reader's Digest magazine there used to be a column that was titled "My Most Unforgettable Character" and true stories were written about extraordinary people who passed through one's life - some were sad and some were funny but always made you wish that you too knew this person about whom you were reading -

My condolences to Barbara and all of Doug's family and to all of those on AZ who actually had the pleasure of meeting him -

Smorg...AKA Doug - truly "Most Unforgettable" -

Jackson:frown:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Rest in peace Doug. You will be missed. My condolances to Barbara, family, and friends. Johnnyt

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am very sorry to read this. I enjoyed meeting the mighty Smorg back in late 2004, when Grady had his Gulfport tournament. I was hoping to get him to Louisville for our One Pocket HOF dinner (which I know he would have really got a kick out of), but I guess it just wasn't to be.

My sincere condolences to his family and those friends who were much closer to him...

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Doug, God bless you, Barbara, your family, and friends.

Rest in peace my friend, we will all miss you and remember you fondly with love and respect.

Jim

George

Balance is everything
Silver Member
RIP Smorg

I've been reading Smorgs unique brand of wit since the late 90's back on RSB, I feel lucky to have known him through these forums. He will be sorely missed and although I never met him in person I feel like I've lost a very good friend. RIP good buddy and my condolences to Barbara and family.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
R.I.P. "SmorgassBored"

Very saddened to hear this news. Our most sincere condolences to all of Doug's family and friends. AZ has lost a true friend to us all.

Sean

Yancey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorg / Doug RIP. All are in our prayers for we have lost a good man today.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
RIP Spotasaurus.......you were one of a kind. I will miss your intellect and humor, you were always Johnny-on-the-spot with the right thing to say and the right way to say it.

I haven't felt a sadness like this on this forum since OHB left us. They were 2 of a kind. I like to think they are getting ready to rack up a little onehole and have a good time. Viola......IMO

Goodbye Doug.

Daniel Autrey

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Sad news indeed. Smorgie put a lot into and got a lot out of life. He certainly won't be forgotten in these AZB parts. My condolences to his family and friends.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
My favorite poster is gone :sad:!!! RIP my friend. God just gained a very funny fellow.

Maniac

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
Very sad day.

My condolences to Dougs family and all the people that will miss him. I know I will. RIP MR Doug. DAMMIT!! :crying: