Well... it's time to embark on a new chapter in my life!

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
I'm signing off from Nebraska. Heading to the City of Sin, Las Vegas! Threw what little crap I had in a small Uhaul trailer and am towing that with a 21 year old car:) What could possibly go wrong? Hmmm.....

Well, to start with, the moron that put my hitch on and hooked up the trailer, didn't put the pin in that holds the bar into the hitch, so 6 blocks from Uhaul the trailer started going somewhere else... I hit my brakes enough to make the trailer run into my car instead of someone else's. Nice start. Now I can't help but subconsciously think the trailer is going to separate again. I'll be looking at my rear view mirror every 15 seconds I'm sure now.

I am going to work for the wonderful company of CSI. I'll be doing a little bit of everything and will also be doing some work for TAR. I have been a long time fan of both TAR and CSI and Mark Griffin. I believe that both CSI and TAR are positive influences in pool and that they both continue looking for ways to promote the sport in a positive way. There are many people that love this game, many that this game is their life, so knowing there are some people out there that are looking to help them be able to survive, is a good thing to have.

Mark Griffin/CSI is, I believe, one of the most influential man/company out there in pool today. He is constantly coming up with visions and ideas to make this game exciting and rewarding, benefiting other business owners, players, fans and league players. He also is not all just talk, he has sunk a lot of money into his ideas and continues to do so.

I've been a No. 1 fan of TAR since they hooked up their first webcam. I am a action junkie that loves the gambling side of pool and you never got to see those kinds of matches, unless you were there. TAR brought those matches to the Internet, making it easy for anyone to watch a live gambling matchup between top professionals.

Justin has worked his ass off with TAR and has worn so many hats, most of them all at the same time and all of us pool fans should feel very fortunate that he loves pool as much as he does. Anyone else would have bailed a long time ago. I look forward to helping him out and freeing him up to be able to focus more of his attention on the important areas of his business. He doesn't need to be worrying about a camera or the mic levels or looking at the chat while he's trying to talk to someone. Can you imagine the pressure he must feel, being live and recorded, for hundreds to people to watch, all eyes glued on him, and the mic levels start clipping, they move slightly off camera, the guys mic doesn't work, the feeds froze... all these things going on, and he's trying to pay attention to what his guest is saying:D So I plan on helping him out as much as I can.

I respect Justin as a man and as a business owner. The guy really wants to give the community the best product he can. He wants everything right, he wants to please as many people as possible, and he (possibly to a fault) is a "The Customer is always right" advocate. I've seen him get burned so many times on a feed or PPV and if things go wrong, he might just open the whole thing up for free and refund everyone that bought it their money back. He's late on a order, he could very well throw in another 20 bucks in merchandise. He's a helluva nice guy and the best thing about him, is he a standup guy. He's not going to allow any funny business and he honors his word and expects you to do the same. Unfortunately in the pool world, people's word isn't binding to a lot of folks.

So as I start my journey into the unknown, I do so knowing that I will be working with a group of people at CSI/TAR that share a very strong love for pool, as I do. We are all pool junkies, from Mark on down and it's going to be great to work with people like that. They are all great people, so it should be fun to work with that caliber of people for a change.

I look forward to contributing and helping as much as possible. I am definitely going to get my pool fix taken care of every day. I can't wait to work around pool every day:)

I'm signing off now.. and we will see what happens. I hope the drive goes without incident. I will take some footage and some pics on the way and share later.

Look forward to meeting a lot more of you people here and I'll be coming to you in some shape or fashion soon!

CaliRed

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats Cali on the new career. Doing something that you love to do for a living is a blessing. Good luck with the new gig and I look forward to seeing your work work with CSI and TAR.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm signing off from Nebraska. Heading to the City of Sin, Las Vegas! Threw what little crap I had in a small Uhaul trailer and am towing that with a 21 year old car:) What could possibly go wrong? Hmmm.....

Well, to start with, the moron that put my hitch on and hooked up the trailer, didn't put the pin in that holds the bar into the hitch, so 6 blocks from Uhaul the trailer started going somewhere else... I hit my brakes enough to make the trailer run into my car instead of someone else's. Nice start. Now I can't help but subconsciously think the trailer is going to separate again. I'll be looking at my rear view mirror every 15 seconds I'm sure now.

I am going to work for the wonderful company of CSI. I'll be doing a little bit of everything and will also be doing some work for TAR. I have been a long time fan of both TAR and CSI and Mark Griffin. I believe that both CSI and TAR are positive influences in pool and that they both continue looking for ways to promote the sport in a positive way. There are many people that love this game, many that this game is their life, so knowing there are some people out there that are looking to help them be able to survive, is a good thing to have.

Mark Griffin/CSI is, I believe, one of the most influential man/company out there in pool today. He is constantly coming up with visions and ideas to make this game exciting and rewarding, benefiting other business owners, players, fans and league players. He also is not all just talk, he has sunk a lot of money into his ideas and continues to do so.

I've been a No. 1 fan of TAR since they hooked up their first webcam. I am a action junkie that loves the gambling side of pool and you never got to see those kinds of matches, unless you were there. TAR brought those matches to the Internet, making it easy for anyone to watch a live gambling matchup between top professionals.

Justin has worked his ass off with TAR and has worn so many hats, most of them all at the same time and all of us pool fans should feel very fortunate that he loves pool as much as he does. Anyone else would have bailed a long time ago. I look forward to helping him out and freeing him up to be able to focus more of his attention on the important areas of his business. He doesn't need to be worrying about a camera or the mic levels or looking at the chat while he's trying to talk to someone. Can you imagine the pressure he must feel, being live and recorded, for hundreds to people to watch, all eyes glued on him, and the mic levels start clipping, they move slightly off camera, the guys mic doesn't work, the feeds froze... all these things going on, and he's trying to pay attention to what his guest is saying:D So I plan on helping him out as much as I can.

I respect Justin as a man and as a business owner. The guy really wants to give the community the best product he can. He wants everything right, he wants to please as many people as possible, and he (possibly to a fault) is a "The Customer is always right" advocate. I've seen him get burned so many times on a feed or PPV and if things go wrong, he might just open the whole thing up for free and refund everyone that bought it their money back. He's late on a order, he could very well throw in another 20 bucks in merchandise. He's a helluva nice guy and the best thing about him, is he a standup guy. He's not going to allow any funny business and he honors his word and expects you to do the same. Unfortunately in the pool world, people's word isn't binding to a lot of folks.

So as I start my journey into the unknown, I do so knowing that I will be working with a group of people at CSI/TAR that share a very strong love for pool, as I do. We are all pool junkies, from Mark on down and it's going to be great to work with people like that. They are all great people, so it should be fun to work with that caliber of people for a change.

I look forward to contributing and helping as much as possible. I am definitely going to get my pool fix taken care of every day. I can't wait to work around pool every day:)

I'm signing off now.. and we will see what happens. I hope the drive goes without incident. I will take some footage and some pics on the way and share later.

Look forward to meeting a lot more of you people here and I'll be coming to you in some shape or fashion soon!

CaliRed
Well best of luck and a hopeful safe and uneventful trip.
If you look out your drivers side window and see the Uhalul, I suspect there is a problem. God forbid!! LOL
i envy the position you are entering!

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Life may not always be easier when we are following our passions, but it can be more rewarding. Sounds like you are following one of your yours and I wish you the best. Good luck.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

CaliRed

Sounds like CSI and TAR just got a little better! Good job both ways! :thumbup2:

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
Wishing you lots of luck & lots of $$$. I don't know you personally but I believe you are what TAR needs to become better. I don't know Justin personally either but from what I've seen he defenetly needs someone behind the curtain to run sound, video, lights, and do you do make-up too? Cause from what I can tell he needs it. Just joking Justin.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Good luck in your new adventure Red. Gotta be something, getting paid to be part of something you love.
Nebraska = Cold
Nevada = Warmth

Drive safe.

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good luck Cali, but actually luck has little to do with it. It will be a win/win for all.
Mark

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations

Best of luck to you.

One of the good guys joining a group of good guys-sounds good.

Be safe, travel well, and have fun.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
GIVE EM HELLLLLL CALIRED!!!!!! hahah get there safe. Hope you love the new job.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm signing off from Nebraska. Heading to the City of Sin, Las Vegas! Threw what little crap I had in a small Uhaul trailer and am towing that with a 21 year old car What could possibly go wrong? Hmmm.....

Been there done that.

All the best in your new adventure. Be safe, arrive alive. :thumbup:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cali Red...Congrats on 'scoring' a job in the field you love the most! When we are lucky enough to have a job doing something we truly love, the financial end often is secondary. The move from NE to NV is HUGE! Goodbye snow...hello sunshine! Best of luck!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Congratulations!

It sure sounds like a win all around. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more great things from all involved.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Congrats to you buddy.

I think they made a wise decision in offering you a position in the company and I wish you the best going forward. Now if you can just put up with Justin and Mark on a regular basis, all should go well.:)